Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best thing that has happened to you today ...

edited October 2011 in Not Sports Related
The Auditors have signed off 2010 Global Statutory Accounts for my organisation. 50 countries consolidated. Will mean diddly squat to those non - finance folk but maybe some of you can understand my excitement and stress of the last few months

Comments

• Options
    *smiles and nods* congratulations
  • Options
    Im an auditor *hangs head in utter, utter despair*
  • Options
    *looks on in utter bewilderment*
  • Options
    For the first time this week, I managed to leave work in time to see my kids, just managing to get in before their bedtime. Run home from the station like a fat boy in a Krispy Kreme supermarket sweep !

Only four minutes, but makes up for a crap day.
  • Options
    Same here. Managed to get home in time to give him his dinner, bath and then jump on the bed for a bit. Makes it all worth while.
  • Options
    Drank a few beers and had a great jerk chicken in a lovely resteraunt in camden
  • Options
    I had a good dump today................
  • Options
    I got the shower first, and therefore hot water.
  • Options
    Had my plaster taken off my leg, after 5 weeks, replaced with an aircast boot. Had a long soak in the bath.
  • Options
    Ran home from work which is the first time I've done it without my running buddy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing went wrong. Thats good enough for me.
  • Options
    Went to see my mum on what would have been my dads 86th birthday.
  • Options
    Hung 4 rolls of wallpaper and NO air bubbles...Bingo
  • Options
    Sat in a hall with Waggy and Hollands for 2 hours
  • Options
    The Auditors have signed off 2010 Global Statutory Accounta for my organisation. 50 countries consolidated. Will mean diddly squat to those non - finance folk but maybe some of you can understand my excitement and stress of the last few months
    Yep. Been through two inherited audit nightmares in the past 18 months. No beer ever tastes as good as the first post sign-off pint.
  • Options
    I farted on someone.
  • Options
    I got a promotion :-)

And went on Date Night with wifey
  • Options
    Watching Alfie bang in 6 goals at Arsenal training tonight!
  • Options
    I got in touch with my oldest friend who I hadn't spoken to for a number of years,.
    Presto, we are meeting up before the game on Saturday - the first match we've been to together since we were at Selhurst Park.
  • Options
    Charlton bought Wilshere

Fifa..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cleaned the bathroom.
  • Options
    Driving my son home from school and on a quiet road in Epping forest saw Chris Perry going to pick his kid up from school but going along on his childs scooter , I slowed down, wound the window down , saluted to him and shouted out " Chris Perry , Charlton Legend " (i was being generous to him obviously not a real legend ) and he burst into laughter and so did i (for once)
  • Options

Brewed some beer. Now drinking some other beer. (Only to drown out a cold you understand.)

• Options
    Went to see my mum on what would have been my dads 86th birthday.
    Was my mother in law's 84th.  Nice family occasion.
  • Options
    yes but global charitable organisation (largely Africa/Asia) , £150m , 50 branches. so a compelte nightmare like hearding cats. At the mo, Auditors not my favourite folks

• Options
    I got a promotion :-)

And went on Date Night with wifey
    Congratulations
  • Options
    yes but global charitable organisation (largely Africa/Asia) , £150m , 50 branches. so a compelte nightmare like hearding cats. At the mo, Auditors not my favourite folks

I cant stand 'em either mate ;-)
  • Options
    Booked in all the beer and wine entries for the Bexley Home Brew Festival this evening. Going to be a good one - 36 different brews for us to work through on Saturday.
  • Options
    Steak.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ran home from work which is the first time I've done it without my running buddy.

I'd laugh my head off if you left your keys at work and had to get the train back up !