Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TOP SCHOOLBOY SIGNINGS

Seeing today that Everton splashed out two million quid for a 15 year old on the BBC
Link
The article then goes on to tell us who the top schoolboy signings have been:
Michael Woods & Tom Taiwo, Leeds to Chelsea, £5m, both aged 16, 2007Jermaine Pennant, Notts County to Arsenal, £2m, aged 15, 1999John Bostock, Crystal Palace to Tottenham, £2m, aged 16, 2008Dean Parrett, QPR to Tottenham, £2m, aged 15, 2007John Cofie, Burnley to Manchester United, £1m, aged 14, 2009Scott Sinclair, Bristol Rovers to Chelsea, £1m, aged 16, 2000

Not one of them seems to have done anything of any note as of yet......

Watch this space.

Comments

• Options
    If I was 15 and someone paid 2 million english pounds to buy me, I'd be thinking I must be pretty special, and probably not work as hard at getting better.
  • Options
    Seeing today that Everton splashed out two million quid for a 15 year old on the BBC
    Link
    The article then goes on to tell us who the top schoolboy signings have been:
    Michael Woods & Tom Taiwo, Leeds to Chelsea, £5m, both aged 16, 2007Jermaine Pennant, Notts County to Arsenal, £2m, aged 15, 1999John Bostock, Crystal Palace to Tottenham, £2m, aged 16, 2008Dean Parrett, QPR to Tottenham, £2m, aged 15, 2007John Cofie, Burnley to Manchester United, £1m, aged 14, 2009Scott Sinclair, Bristol Rovers to Chelsea, £1m, aged 16, 2000

Not one of them seems to have done anything of any note as of yet......

Watch this space.
    Scott sinclair is doing pretty well
  • Options
    Everton should be spending that money on first team players really
  • Options
     The best players at 14/15 aren't the best players at 19/20.
  • Options
    Pennant and Sinclair havent done too bad for themsleves
  • Options
    Didn't realise Parrett was a £2m signing that young.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sinclair and Pennant have become reasonable lower Prem league players. Nothing more. 
    Both with apparent attitude problems.

The others:
    Tom Taiwo is now at Caslile (released by Chelsea)
    Michael Woods has played 3 games in 5 years and now a free agent.
    Bostock didn't do very well at Hull on loan
    Haven't heard much about John Cofie.
    Dean Parrett spent second half of the season at a struggling League One side

Makes you wonder why Everton (whose supporters set up a website showing how long is had been since they signed a player before the transfer window) would spend 2 mill on a player who probably won't play for the first team for another three years.