Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daily Fail.

edited October 2011 in Not Sports Related

If anyone needs any evidence of how bad this paper is their story on the Amanda Knox verdict says it all.....(Know been taken down but I think link still works)

Even includes triumphant quotes from prosecutors!  How could even they get it so wrong?

Comments

• Options
    It's tempting to laugh but I really don't think it's appropriate. Oh what the hell, ahahaahahahahaha.
  • Options
    The Guardian did the same thing when the verdict was first announced. It's because she failed with one of her appeals, the slander one I think, but succeeded with the bulk of them, most importantly the murder one. The difference is The Guardian quickly corrected it while the Mail launched out their pre-prepared nonsense. Serves them right really
  • Options
    The mail is an awful paper and I avoid any type of conversation with anyone I see reading it as they tend to be doom mongering right wing morons . ( how's that for a sweeping statement )

• Options
    The mail is an awful paper and I avoid any type of conversation with anyone I see reading it as they tend to be doom mongering right wing morons . ( how's that for a sweeping statement )

Pretty sweeping. Though in fact one I fully agree with.
  • Options

Amongst all the comments spare a thought for Meredith Kerscher she has had no opportunity to appeal against the injustice perpertrated against her.

RIP Meredith

• Options
    Very true Kap. RIP Meredith.
  • Options

Amongst all the comments spare a thought for Meredith Kerscher she has had no opportunity to appeal against the injustice perpertrated against her.

RIP Meredith

This
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    They ran a story last week with the headline: "Grown man hunts, chokes boy over Call of Duty Game".

Turned out the 'grown man' was a family friend of the boy, who didn't so much 'hunt' as just popped round there to have a word after the boy was swearing at him online. The guy was an idiot and grabbed the kid, but that headline is just utter nonsense. Just designed to scare.

Absolute trash piece of newspaper, country would be a much better place without it
  • Options
    Ghastly rag. Feel sorry for Kerchers family what a nightmare - to lose your daughter, then to see justice seemingly taken away.

We mustn't lose sight of the fact that there is no justice in an innocent person being wrongly convicted.

• Options

The whole Kercher case is just an absolute mess, one hates to come over all Daily Mail but the Italian justice system seems to be a complete shambles, they seem to have bolloxed up the case from the outset and it has since lurched from one disaster to the next.

I have tried to follow the details of the case as closely as possible but the whole thing seems to be utterly confused and I don't know what to think.

One thing is for sure though, if Amanda Knox actually was the killer or involved then she has got balls of steel to put on the performance she just did in court.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The early online edition of The Sun also had a 'guilty' headline, which had to be removed and they quoted 'sources' in the article........
  • Options

What did the Mail actually run then?

• Options
    The sky news interpretator really ballsed the whole verdict up. Saying guilty to the defamation bit but without telling us that referred to the defamation until the banner made it clear.

It was really confusing.

• Options

I think that the English Media is often a bad influence upon fair and clear thinking. Perhaps we should debate whether any of us has found a decent paper to read.

• Options
    Why did knox try to fit up a innocent person?
  • Options
    The fabricated quotes as well really got me, did an article on a family member of mine a few years ago, again totally made up and they paid out a tidy sum. I'd rather read a Millwall program than the Mail.
  • Options
    On the subject of a good paper to read - you don't know how lucky you are in England. Papers over here in New Zealand are even worse than in the UK. I work in PR and am appalled at the low standard of journalism here. It's incredibly easy to get media releases into print - my poor grammar and spelling errors and all. There's no fact-checking, an obsession with tabloid intrigue and there's little room for analysis on issues that matter. If it wasn't for the internet I'd go spare. No coverage of the rise and rise of Charlton either. One reason why I'm an avid reader of Dr Kish (my de facto news feed) and this site.
  • Options
    On the subject if finding a 'good' paper to read, there aren't any. Mainstream press is a joke and has been for years. For a good critique on this, read 'Flat Earth News' - which is a well-researched book on the rise of 'churnalism'.
  • Options
    What a great paper  never read it never brought but it  has the ability to make  Guardianistas choke on their tofu  and thats a good thing.

If its shit why read it ? stick to the Morning Star comrades.
  • Options

I think that the English Media is often a bad influence upon fair and clear thinking. Perhaps we should debate whether any of us has found a decent paper to read.

I gave up the papers about 10 years ago and read books instead, I get the Economist. listen to Today for 10 mins in the morning and scan the news sites on the web for 10-15 minutes a day and that's easily enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mother reads the Daily Mail. There is nothing I can do to change her in this. Sometimes if I am over and she asks me to pick it up at the paper shop, I hide it inside a copy of "Railway Modeller" to minimise the embarassment.
  • Options
    Too soon?

• Options

Surely you don't have to read a paper to comment on its quality GH or are you avidly poring through the Guardian?

It's just a bit difficult to ignore their front covers when you catch sight of them, sometimes.  They're a bit like a batty old dame ranting on, you can't help but look. 

• Options
    Too soon?

Even CL wouldn't do a "would ya" so soon.

OK, maybe Tango or AdamtheAddick would : - )
  • Options
    That picture is not a hoax either by all accounts, it was on the show this morning.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    "Too soon" ? She's not dead!

And I so completely would, by the way.
  • Options
    the woman tried fitting someone up she is a wrongun. This is far from over for her. God bless the real victims the Kerchers
  • Options
    shows what a good defence lawyer can do

OJ simpson would probably agree ,what they are really saying is that they dont have the evidence to convict her

not that they dont think she was connected with the crime ...excuse double negatives
  • Options
    shows what a good defence lawyer can do

OJ simpson would probably agree ,what they are really saying is that they dont have the evidence to convict her

not that they dont think she was connected with the crime ...excuse double negatives
    this, monumental eff up(s) by the police too perhaps
  • Options
    Yep. RIP Meredith Kercher, the real victim in all this.