Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Immobilisers" on Vehicles.

Mine decide not to work this morning, so I can't start the van (At least I know it works). Anyone in CL land know about these, or know anyone who knows someone who knows about them:
I'm pretty much screwed, but don't really need the van until 4/5am on Tuesday....Would appreciate any Help with this.
Thanks in advance...
MoG.

Comments

• Options
    Mog, what make of motor is it?

• Options
    Mazda E2200. And its White. Thats about all I know about motors.
  • Options
    Mine decide not to work this morning, so I can't start the van (At least I know it works). Anyone in CL land know about these, or know anyone who knows someone who knows about them:
    I'm pretty much screwed, but don't really need the van until 4/5am on Tuesday....Would appreciate any Help with this.
    Thanks in advance...
    MoG.
    Not being funny but the one on my motorbike just needed a new battery in the fob. Have you tried this already?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The "fob" is basically the problem I think. Its broke.
  • Options
    If you have changed fob battery, tried the spare fob (if you have one) it may be a case of a dealer call-out.
    By nature there is little information in the public domain (certainly for motorbikes) as it would only help the tea leaves.
  • Options
    If you have changed fob battery, tried the spare fob (if you have one) it may be a case of a dealer call-out.
    By nature there is little information in the public domain (certainly for motorbikes) as it would only help the tea leaves.
    Thats in pieces somewhere....;-)
    The Van is an R Reg (150000 miles), but is perfect for carpets.....(When it works !)

Thanks TCE for links.
  • Options
    The "Immobiliser" its self is fine, the "Fob" (?) (the plastic thingy that touches the "ignition") has fallen apart. Any Help Please ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The "Immobiliser" its self is fine, the "Fob" (?) (the plastic thingy that touches the "ignition") has fallen apart. Any Help Please ?
    tends to be a dealer solution when it's a damaged fob
  • Options
    This is the problem......
  • Options
    This is the problem......
    Dealer fixed mine - take the fob in, I'm sure they will oblige.
  • Options
    E-mailed & phoned (left messages) 5 companies yesterday.....
    FM, Mazda stopped making Vans afew years back, but will find our "Local" dealer and ask. Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    FM, Mazda stopped making Vans afew years back, but will find our "Local" dealer and ask. Thanks again.
    (Should have said my problem was with my Triumph!)
    Good luck - didnt know they didnt still make vans. Presumably Mazda car dealer should be able to help.
    Hope it gets sorted.
  • Options
    (Should have said my problem was with my Triumph!)
    Good luck - didnt know they didnt still make vans. Presumably Mazda car dealer should be able to help.
    Hope it gets sorted.
    Bloody "elf & safety": The Mazda vans have the engine under the seats but a few years back it was decided that this was "dangerous". The thing is, now carpets come 4 metres wide (rather than the old 12foot) all "newer" vans have to leave the back doors open (ooh-er missus) when loaded: The engine being at the Front of the van making it shorter inside. This is why I love my old R reg motor.... ;-)
  • Options
    Purely a guess, but I'd imagine that the ignition system on the vans was probably the same system they used on their cars, as tends to be the case with most these days, so Mazda dealers should still be able to do something with it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

One thing Mog won't relish the thought of is having to deal with a main agent....you rarely get out the door without spending at least a oner these days!

Thieving buggers that they are.

• Options
    If my fob breaks there is a keyhole in the dash and a code in the handbook and with a good bit of messing about the car should start.Ive never used it thankfully but it would get you out of a hole until you can get a new fob.
  • Options
    Got someone coming up from Dartford to look at it Tomorrow morning:
    Contacted 6 firms over the weekend: 3 "No replies" yet, 1 "Fully booked for 7 days", 1 "Not Our area" and one said "Drive the Van in and we'll sort it out...."
    D'oh !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Step 1:
    Step 2:
    Step 3:

normal service continues..
  • Options
    Was sorted today by a fella from Dartford: said his Grandad is CAFC and well pleased.
    So was I after He did his job. If anyone needs Help with "Vechicle Electrics" just whisper Me.
    Again, Thanks for all the advice given.
  • Options
    Yey - great news - and cheaper than a new Mazda van, I imagine!

Keep on runnin.....