Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is this the worst football shirt you have ever seen and would you buy it?

Because you can.    First person to offer any amount over 99p and willing to pay for the postage can take it away.  The money goes to the CAFC Academy.

Comments

• Options
    Why do you own this delightful item
  • Options
    ill pay you to burn it henry! But i want proof!
  • Options
    Why do you own this delightful item
    It was given to me along with a lot of other mainly Charlton shirts to auction for the CAFC Academy, honest. 
    It's a deal.  I fear the amount of nylon may lead to a huge fire that will destroy most of South London but I'm willing to take that risk.

Will still photos of it alight do?
  • Options
    have you tried any of the brum websites henners? im sure theres a birimingham fan out there that would want it.
  • Options
    have you tried any of the brum websites henners? im sure theres a birimingham fan out there that would want it.
    Too complicated for me.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I think this one takes some beating
  • Options
    I would rather the shirt than a cardigan! ;o)
  • Options
    And this one would make a nice change strip for us (tongue firmly in cheek)

• Options
    But everyone likes the Coventry away strip
  • Options
    What size is it? I have a Birmingham Supporting mate who would probably buy it, if the size is right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We got this shirt after the Brum v Charlton game in '91 I think.

They needed to win to stay up and the ground was packed full of complete nutters. Birmingham were awful and because of the intimidating atmosphere the Charlton players were almost passing the ball to the oppo to help them out a bit. Had they been relegated there would have been a full scale riot I reckon. In the final seconds there were hundreds of City fans hugging the touchline ready to celebrate survival and a 1-0 win and the referee blew his whistle as he similtaneously legged it down the tunnel to avoid the massive pitch invasion.

The shirt design is awful and in fact wasn't even like by the Birmingham fans. I believe it was immediately replaced by Karen Brady as soon as she arrived at St Andrews so they weren't even wearing it the day we played them.

Loads of jubilant Brum fans came over to the away end and my brother and I both swapped our Charlton shirts with a couple of skin headed City fans. 20 years later and it's hopefully going to raise some money for the Charlton minibus fund.

Please bid because it is for a very good cause.

• Options
    What size is it? I have a Birmingham Supporting mate who would probably buy it, if the size is right.
    XXL,  If he wants it make a deal.  Will just be happy to get rid
  • Options
    I think this one takes some beating
    Is this Ed 'the head' Miliband playing in goal for the TUC XI ?
  • Options
    Ill pay Ben to wear it next home game
  • Options
    Ill pay Ben to wear it next home game

Will cost you £250
  • Options
    you missed the . ,£2.50 and its a deal
  • Options

ZB's account of the shirt's origin is correct (altho I think it was actually '93).

The atmosphere was as unpleasant as those charmless Brummie nerks have so often made it. Mercifully the Charlton team put on the limpest display possible and a 1-0 home win made the home fans very happy.

As it happened, Palace got beaten at Highbury that afternoon which of course made our lot very happy. In the general euphoria shirt-swapping broke out and my sons swapped their classic Woolwich blue/black diagonal shirts for something which even in better days had been a pile of old rags !! I was really not impressed.

Maybe a Brummie fan somewhere is nostalgic for this monument to utter bad taste. Buying it would be the biggest act of charity so far ....

• Options
    As i said ill give ya money to burn it, but only with proof of burning!
  • Options
    I should have added that Palace were relegated that day, hence the delight.
  • Options
    As i said ill give ya money to burn it, but only with proof of burning!
    How much?

I'll wait and see if Clem's Brummie mate come in with an offer.

Thanks for the history Zindine and Glass half full
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much do you want (as its going to a good cause)
  • Options
    The Charlton Shirt the same as the one it was swapped for went for £20 earlier so will have to start there.
  • Options
    Wow thats a shocker.
  • Options

They needed to win to stay up and the ground was packed full of complete nutters. Birmingham were awful and because of the intimidating atmosphere the Charlton players were almost passing the ball to the oppo to help them out a bit. Had they been relegated there would have been a full scale riot I reckon. In the final seconds there were hundreds of City fans hugging the touchline ready to celebrate survival and a 1-0 win and the referee blew his whistle as he similtaneously legged it down the tunnel to avoid the massive pitch invasion.

The shirt design is awful and in fact wasn't even like by the Birmingham fans. I believe it was immediately replaced by Karen Brady as soon as she arrived at St Andrews so they weren't even wearing it the day we played them.

Loads of jubilant Brum fans came over to the away end and my brother and I both swapped our Charlton shirts with a couple of skin headed City fans. 20 years later and it's hopefully going to raise some money for the Charlton minibus fund.

Have I lost the plot here, but did Leaburn have a very good chance to win it late on and we all prayed that he fluffed it?  Obviously he obliged!  And also did Palace get relegated that day (at Arsenal?) resulting in several congas around the terrace, as scores came through on the wireless (No apps etc then!) ??
  • Options

Have I lost the plot here, but did Leaburn have a very good chance to win it late on and we all prayed that he fluffed it?  Obviously he obliged!  And also did Palace get relegated that day (at Arsenal?) resulting in several congas around the terrace, as scores came through on the wireless (No apps etc then!) ??

I can't remember the Leaburn chance at all. Probably too busy bricking it.

My most vivid recollection is Paul Bacon playing and passing the ball to a blue shirt more than once.

Yeah Palace went down that day. I think the full time result came in just before our game kicked off.

• Options

I'm pretty sure that the Palace score was coming through as our game was going on, although the memory is hazy and sincere apologies if I am wrong.  I have a recollection of Ian Wright scoring against them in a high scoring game - perhaps 3-2?

• Options

wasn't it paul gorman?
  • Options

There was indeed an excellent late chance for us - can't remember the culprit.

The officials sprinted off at the end faster than any player had managed all afternoon. I'm not sure that the match even went the full 90 mins - it was certainly a very sharp final whistle.

There was much celebration of Palace's demise. Besides, there was nothing to cheer about in our match, after all.

Every shirt tells a story ....

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Oopsimage