Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul 'Obviously' Hayes

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but how much does Paul Hayes say "obviously" I just saw his interview cafc player, he must have said to 100 times!

Comments

• Options
    Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but how much does Paul Hayes say "obviously" I just saw his interview cafc player, he must have said to 100 times!
    obviously.
  • Options
    P'raps
  • Options

uknow

• Options
    "At the end of the day"....yes.
  • Options
    Was it Mark Stein who gave an interview after playing us, and he kept saying 'like you know'. I may be wrong and losing my marbles though!
  • Options
    I once went on a customer service training course in which the trainer would shout 'IT'S NOT OBVIOUS TO ME' whenever someone said 'obviously' in a role-play.

Errr.... you know....at the end of the day, if it's not obvious, basically don't say it - know what I mean?
  • Options
    Well, it must be better than........." You know" Jermaine Defoe!
  • Options
    It was mark stein, they showed it on fantasy football years ago, wil have a google when at work because its very very funny.
  • Options
    Steve 'interesting' Davis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beckham used to say 'you know' at least once every sentence.

And the 'obviously' thing winds me up something chronic, but that's mainly due to the wife doing it all the sodding time.

Don't get me started on 'literally' either.
  • Options
    Don't get me started on 'literally' either.
    yeah hate that, literally drives me insane
  • Options
    Feck me! They kick footballs for a living, most have the brains of a Rocking Horse.
  • Options
    Feck me! They kick footballs for a living, most have the brains of a Rocking Horse.
    Not true, many of our current team have degrees : - )
  • Options
    Not true, many of our current team have degrees : - )
    Er..Obviously!
  • Options
    I like the way footballers often say "to be fair" when it has no reason to be said.

Obviously.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Most people have a fill in word , to give them pause for thought in a sentence , like basically , or literally ,ot the thing is... but the one that gets my goat is ...'to be honest with you'  ... if your being honest now , what were you being before, dishonest?

Numpties of the world unite.
  • Options
    at the start of the year there was an interview wiv hollands where he sed obviuosly quite a lot but this is ridiculous... must b an 'in joke' that the players are doing.... surely
  • Options
    I was going to count them but didn't have my calculator handy. :-)

Good interview until the last question which really annoys me.

• Options
    Rooney - ''ya know errrm''
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think a lot of us would do it in similar situations.  I gave a training course quite regularly at work and decided once to video myself.  I'm a "ya know" man, but I'm far more conscious of it now and simply just pause when I feel I slipping back into it.
  • Options
    Years ago I had a job for a few months selling Kirby vacuums. It wasn't until it was pointed out to me how much I used the word 'Basically' during my sales patter.
  • Options
    he is going to score tonight, obviously although this is obvious to us fans stating the obvious
  • Options
    It was mark stein, they showed it on fantasy football years ago, wil have a google when at work because its very very funny.

Glad you remember it too Adam. Good few years back but was very amusing.
  • Options
    'at the end of the day' drives me insane. 'At the end of the day mate, I'm going to the pub'. What??
  • Options
    "At the end of the day.....It gets dark".
  • Options
    at the start of the year there was an interview wiv hollands where he sed obviuosly quite a lot but this is ridiculous... must b an 'in joke' that the players are doing.... surely
    I remember that and I was sad bored enough to count, he said it 32 times.
  • Options
    I remember that and I was sad bored enough to count, he said it 32 times.
    well, obviously
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Well, Hayes was subbed again tonight. Obviously.