Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cringeworthy

WSSWSS
edited September 2011 in Other Football and Sports
I quite like Brighton and the fact they don't like Palace but this is bad.  Very bad.

Comments

• Options
    The guy is a complete moron.  Favourite quote:

'I worked there earlier this year and no offence to anyone, but most
    people who work there either aren’t clever enough to have a career in
    the City Of London or don’t have enough cash to realize the
    aspiration of most Londoners and move to Brighton.'

Grade A tool
  • Options
    Made up rivals ,two poxy clubs.
  • Options

"realize"

Grrrrrr.

• Options
    I shocked that this made it to print. Nothing wrong with rivalry but at least do it in a mature and witty way. That was just playground stuff "we're better than you, ner-ner-de-ner-ner.

Waste of ink, paper, bandwidth and 5 mins of my time.
  • Options
    The Argus? Isn't that a catalogue shop?

Funniest rivalry in England.
  • Options
    The Argus link doesn't work now.
  • Options
    They've realised what a huge boo boo they've made and removed the article.
  • Options

It’s the most wonderful night of the year.

On Tuesday evening for the first time in nearly six years, the Albion play arch rivals Crystal Palace.

So how have the fortunes of the two clubs faired over the last 70
    months........(chortle) Well since then Palace have parted company with
    Simon Jordan, the man so orange the BBC wanted him when the
    Teletubbies sun got ill.

He started their stroll in to financial oblivion. In 2008 they were
    unable to sign anyone apart from non contract players. This started the
    demise of that well known saying in professional football
    ‘oh no way not Palace. I’d rather not eat’.

Then in 2010 emerged the world’s greatest joke ‘ain’t it cold out, -
    yeah but its minus ten in Croydon’ as the Eagles slithered into
    administration.

It was then that Palace started looking for a wealthy benefactor,
    trouble is although there is a lot of money in Surrey it doesn’t seem to
    quite stretch to Croydon.

I worked there earlier this year and no offence to anyone, but most
    people who work there either aren’t clever enough to have a career in
    the City Of London or don’t have enough cash to realize the
    aspiration of most Londoners and move to Brighton.

So poor dear old Palace had to scrape together a few fans that had a couple of quid spare and did it themselves.

Well so far they are just about getting by. Lloyds TSB sold Selhurst
    back to Palace, after the new Palace board put pressure on them to do
    so. Something like ‘we are coming to see you – ‘well you
    can’t park a caravan here ‘or summink like that.

They don’t appear to be able to buy many players for cash , seemingly
    getting by signing players other clubs no longer have any use for.

Dougie Freedman is now in charge and Tony Popovic, he of the spectacular goal, OWN GOAL that is, as coach.

It will be a super atmosphere at The Amex this Tuesday . Palace will
    soon realise just what it is to be patient and resourceful as a way to
    achieve success.

Our friends from Croydon will be amazed and in awe of every aspect of
    the Amex. They will marvel at its architecture, be astounded by its
    design and probably rip out a seat or two.

But overall they will realise Brighton & Hove Albion are leaving them behind.

It’s bit like the story of the tortoise and the hare, except in this case the hare doesn’t have much of a reputation.

• Options

"realize"

Grrrrrr.

What is it with replacing 's' with 'z'? I live in Spain for 5 years and when I come back half the country can't spell any more.
  • Options
    Americanese software 'programs', I'm afraid Cordoban.

While you have been away living a 'cozy' life under blue skies basking in warm sunshine eating freshly picked oranges, the English language has now been subjected to the full force of the internet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet he feels like a right knob now.
  • Options
    Moved into my flat at the University of Sussex last night....a mile away from the Amex.
    Could hear the Palace fans celebrating the winner. Not a noise I ever want to hear.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4CvRDkdp7g&feature=player_embedded

It was all over a retaken penalty in a FA cup 1st round 3rd replay in 1976, jesus wept.
  • Options
    Tonight against the Nigels, Brighton conceded 3 goals in the last 10 minutes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
  • Options
    palace throwing stones at brighton station at a platform full of people,wronguns
  • Options

"realize"

Grrrrrr.

What is it with replacing 's' with 'z'? I live in Spain for 5 years and when I come back half the country can't spell any more.
    Z is acceptable instead of S in realise and other 'ise' words and always has been.  I can't see the problem.
  • Options
    palace throwing stones at brighton station at a platform full of people,wronguns
    Artificial hatred.
  • Options

I think you'll find Z for realize and other words is the correct use in the English language according to the main seats of learning in this country.

• Options
    edited September 2011

I think you'll find Z for realize and other words is the correct use in the English language according to the main seats of learning in this country.

I never realised that.

;o)
  • Options

It was all over a retaken penalty in a FA cup 1st round 3rd replay in 1976, jesus wept.
    Good little video, still manage to dig at us at the end.  Not rivals, but still need the dig.  Weirdos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good little video, still manage to dig at us at the end.  Not rivals, but still need the dig.  Weirdos.
    Notice the eyebrow movement as well? It's like a secret signal to other nigels. Good video, quite funny in parts.

• Options

I never realised that.

;o)

Not true. The difference is actually Oxford V Cambridge. The Oxford University Press (and therefore the Oxford English Dictionary) prefers ize whereas the Cambridge University Press uses ise. Therefore it is truer to state that the two most respected seats of learning in the country can not agree.

The ratio for ise V ize in the English language is 3:2, however, as American's only use ize it is often regarded as an Americanism.

Logic does not stop me personally from prefering ise and getting angry when I read ize.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    I reckon we're really being American eyes-ed
  • Options
    The ise have it for me.
  • Options
    The universities in the U.S are really hot on it, my first essay out there was peppered with 'ise's' (impossible to write a political science paper without the use of atleast one) I got downgraded from a 3.7GPA to a 3.0GPA under 'communication and grammar' - which is a huge difference, almost from an A to a B-. Kicked up a fuss about it and got told that I was in America now and so should spell the American way. I replied with something along the lines of thank god i'm not a drama major otherwise i'd have to adopt the accent, and then offered my Cool Hand Luke impression; 'What we have ere' is a faaaailure to comuuunicate'.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Interesting, DRF.

I dusted down my Oxford Concise Dick, Tom & 'Arry ....... and was shocked to see the word 'realise' spelled wrongly.
    And in a dictionary too!

PS: They won't change me, I hope they realise.

;o)
  • Options
    Kids at my school keep telling me I've spelt 'ise' words incorrectly, very frustrating.
  • Options
    Throw the Oxford Dictionary at them, Stu.

And tell those kids, it's wrong, plain WRONG!
  • Options
    Talk about a subject being taken away from its original thread. ;)