Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The next four league games

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Interesting series of games coming up, two winnable home games (Chesterfield & Tranmere) and away two games (MK Dons & Sheffield United) against promotion rivals.  Can see two home wins a draw and loss to Sheffield,dropping down a couple of places before getting back on track.

Comments

• Options
    Defeat has to come some time. It will probably be at one (or maybe both) of the away games...........or we could really show our intentions and win them both. I really can't call them at this stage. We also can't assume that the 2 home games are a guarenteed 6 points either. Chesterfield are going okay at the moment and Tranmere are only 2 points out of the play-off positions at the moment and could theoretically be above us when we meet.

Going to be a long road with plenty of ups and downs along the way..................
  • Options
    We could also still lose the remainder of our games and get relegated... it's a strange world ;)
  • Options
    10 points: both home games and @ MKD and a draw at Sheffield.
  • Options
    7 Would be good, 6 okay, less poor.
  • Options
    9 points, none of which will be picked up this weekend
  • Options
    I can see 7 or 8 points , drawing the two away games, even if we lose the top spot over the next few games, this would take some pressure off and we would still be up there with the leaders.
  • Options
    edited September 2011

with 2 tough away games against our rivals for promotion I'd take 2 points from them any day and with the 2 home games i'd settle for a total between 6 or 8 points without any hesitation  -  the home games will be tough as well, and when did we ever win an "event" game ?

• Options
    edited September 2011
    I'd be looking at 8 points as it would mean awe average the magic 2 points a game in a group of 4 matches that include 2 of our toughest games on paper.
  • Options
    One win, two draws and one defeat ( at Sheffield ). Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Would take 2 draws from the 2 away games all day long and hopefully 2 wins at home
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One win, two draws and one defeat ( at Sheffield ). Hope I'm wrong.
    Tranemere or Chesterfield draw?
  • Options
    12 points. Always the optimist.
  • Options

If we get 10-12 points then we really do have cause for optimism.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    10-12 points would be fantastic. Would even take 8 points from the next four if I was offered it (on the basis of win at home, draw away). Six or seven points would be okay but if we come away with less than that, we should be disappointed.

To be honest though, there should be no over-reaction whatever the outcome of the next four matches UNLESS the goals dry up and we begin leaking goals at the back, resulting in 0/1/2 point(s) taken. Even as little as four points from the next four games would mean we have 24 points from 12 games (2pts/game again).
  • Options
    We must win against Chesterfield, there has been so much talk about the crowd tomorrow , all i want is 3 points please Mr Powell.
  • Options
    We must win against Chesterfield, there has been so much talk about the crowd tomorrow , all i want is 3 points please Mr Powell.
    Job done, onto MK Dons against whom I feel more confident of getting a decent result and Sheffield are looking iffy.  Would up my prediction to 10 points, my only fear now other than over confidence is exhaustion of this team that has hardly changed since day 1.
  • Options
    TBH I think we play better away, defence looks solid and we always have a goal in us, MK and Sheff Utd will be tough but I have a feeling we'll be do better than everyone thinks
  • Options
    Tough 2 away games coming up , would love to still be unbeaten after those two.
  • Options
    Thankyou Mr P for the 3 points by the way!
  • Options
    8 points from the 4 games will suit me (2 draws with Mk Dons and Sheffield Utd).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OK next 4

Tranmere H, Stevenage A, Carlisle H, Wycombe A

I can't remember the times I have looked at fixtures like this and thought 12 points and we have come out with 3 or 4, so its with caution that I approach these.

Tranmere draw, Stevenage draw, Carlisle win, wycombe win - I don't believe it but reigning back the optimism.
  • Options
    Yes, you look at an easy run and find it is the opposite - we have all been there. Think the hardest of the next 4 will be stevenage, thay are clearly unpredictable, then Wycombe who can match the bigger teams when they play to their max. I think Tranmere and Carlisle will be the easies tbh like i thought MK Dons would be tougher than Sheffield.
  • Options
    Excellent call Muttley.

The next four are Carlisle (H), Wycombe (A) Hartlepool (A) Preston (H)

Big challenge for Powell to get the confidence back, or I can see a max of 4 points
  • Options
    If we want to get promoted we have to be beating the likes of Carlisle, especially at home. I would say Hartlepool will be a tough game but would be happy with 9 points.
  • Options
    Hayes must start we really miss him linking up with the midfield.
  • Options
    Wycombe away might be tough.
  • Options
    I'll be happy with 12 points and 4 clean sheets :-0
  • Options
    I'll be happy with 12 points and 4 clean sheets :-0

And for some even that won't be good enough.
  • Options

I can't see us getting more than 5 or 6 points from the next 4 games.........

I hope I'm proved wrong/

• Options
    9 points or not good enough