Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Player

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Hello fellow Addicks,

Was just wondering if anyone has invested in CAFC Player off the official site? And if so, is it any good?

I used to hear negative comments about it from time to time about. I.e sound quality.

Just wanted to know whether it has improved and maybe worth investing in? Would like to hear your thoughts. Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    I did as it was the only way I could keep up with the Bournemouth game whilst on holiday in Mexico. People report problems with it but it has been pretty reliable for me- may be linked to power of PC or connection -I don't know. I thought I'd only have it for that month but have decided to keep it because for the money I think it is good value.
  • Options
    Yes I have nd use it to help my match day threads.....it does have some problems on ocassions but overall I'm happy with the service.
  • Options
    I've had it for over a year now and I'm quite happy with it. Seemed to be a few problems last season with listening to live commentary (unable to connect and kept dropping out) but I've not noticed this happen this season although I've only listened to away fixtures. The quality of the video highlights is not great but watchable and some good interviews now and then. Worth the £4.29 per month.
  • Options
    Impossible to watch anything but the short highlights due to bad quality.
    Still some problems with the commentary this season (although only about 30 minutes of one match).

Otherwise there's a lot of good content and worth it if you live overseas. For anyone in the UK I would say that there's little point.
  • Options
    Its much improved and the best aspect is that you can log in to every other clubs player site to see what they are saying all for the one subscription.
  • Options
    I have it as I'm overseas, probably wouldn't bother if I was in UK.
  • Options
    I have it as I'm overseas, probably wouldn't bother if I was in UK.
    Me too but I usually forget to watch the highlights and usually watch an Premier League game on TV while we are playing live, following the updates on Charlton Life, so I suppose it is a bit of a waste of money for me!
  • Options
    I live in Thailand and I find the service very beneficial and on the whole, quite reliable.
  • Options
    @Bangkok - my standard is to watch the prem game on mute while listening to charlton on player
  • Options
    Tried to search but can't find anything. I've just signed up to CAFC Player, just wondering is the content only available for a short period?
    The videos etc are sorted by date but it only shows the most recent 12. Is there a way to view older stuff? I keep looking for a 'next page' button but can't see anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    try scrolling down and it sometimes loads automatically or you can search for specific categories just above the top video in the drop down box
  • Options
    or click on the cafc archive link in the top right
  • Options
    Tried to search but can't find anything. I've just signed up to CAFC Player, just wondering is the content only available for a short period?
    The videos etc are sorted by date but it only shows the most recent 12. Is there a way to view older stuff? I keep looking for a 'next page' button but can't see anything.
    I've noticed this, if you change the show me drop down to video only sometimes it shows ones that are not shown on the default page.
  • Options
    I've noticed this, if you change the show me drop down to video only sometimes it shows ones that are not shown on the default page.
    yeh you can watch vid highlights from pretty much every game this season on the cafc archive link in the top right