Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather - Ortiz

Anyone else stayed up for this?

Been looking forward to this for a while, Ortiz has knocked down every single one of his opponents.

The 24/7 series really helped set this up for me, was a great insight.

Not been into boxing for very long (just over a year) so this is the first Mayweather fight i've seen with all the build up etc.

Think Ortiz has a chance and despite Mayweathers obvious skill (especially his defence) the 17/2 to win by KO looks tasty

Comments

• Options
    outrageous ending surely not legal
  • Options

Crowd not too pleased, lots of boos. Think most were just looking forward to a good 12 rounder

• Options

Love it....interviewer for HBO just told Mayweather if he was 50 years younger he would 'kick his ass'

• Options
    makes a mockery of the sport stuff like that, absolute joke.
  • Options
    yeah loved that
  • Options
    what happened ???
  • Options
    well ortiz trys to butt him illegally then does not protect himself from a break,ortiz seemed to accept he should have had,shame to end as mayweather was putting on a one sided show as per usual. And that merchant bloke is a joke who fifty years ago would have been nowhere near a boxing ring either,i agree he should be sacked for still not grasping boxing.
  • Options
    did you enjoy your familys big game  early kick off yesterday nolly ???
  • Options
    no i had west ham in my treble to win,very surprised
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i fancied them as well  and feel the scum will struggle this season but decided on backing arsenal as my banker single instead !!
  • Options
    was the fight on normal sky sports and does anyone know if repeated today or just prolly on ssn ?
  • Options
    on primetime mate.
  • Options

Just watched a moody feed of it, Mayweather was going to win in his sleep.  Ortiz is aggresive enough and would make a good rematch with Maidana

Fingers and balls crossed Mayweather and Pacquiao get it on early next year

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Cant see it happening. Mayweather is running scared from Pacquiao. 
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Mayweather is a complete coward. Doesn't 'need' Pacquiao but he needs all these other average fighters? The fact that this fight will probably never happen is a disgrace to the sport. 

"Meanwhile, the prospect of a fight between Mayweather and Filipino Manny Pacquiao seems as distant as ever. Mayweather said: "I don't need Pacquiao. Where was Pacquiao in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 when I was dominating the game?
    "He never asked me (for a fight) when I was in my twenties or when I was in my teens."
  • Options
    Mayweather is a complete coward. Doesn't 'need' Pacquiao but he needs all these other average fighters? The fact that this fight will probably never happen is a disgrace to the sport. 

"Meanwhile, the prospect of a fight between Mayweather and Filipino Manny Pacquiao seems as distant as ever. Mayweather said: "I don't need Pacquiao. Where was Pacquiao in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 when I was dominating the game?
    "He never asked me (for a fight) when I was in my twenties or when I was in my teens."
    No denying Mayweather has been one of the best. He fights now so people wont forget him.

The talk about where was Pacman in the mid to late 90's is ridiculous. Pacman was only just becoming a super featherweight in 2005 and Mayweather was in the Welterweight come the end of 2005 and before that they were still clear divisions apart. 

Pacquiao is pound for pound the best boxer at the moment and hasn't hidden from any tests. If Floyd disagrees so profusely he should sort out a fight rather than fighting every 15 or so months and picking on either out of prime fighters (Marquez) washed up has beens (Mosely) and newly crowned title holders who he knows he can bully. 

• Options

Mayweather is a cheat...

But Ortiz seemed to be wandering around in a bit of a daze.. he apologized about 4 times before getting whacked...

• Options

Mayweather would still have won, like he would always still win if you put anyone in front of him, Pac Man, Khan, Marquez

Will be the same result every time.

Mayweather (probably on points) every time.  He has only been hit about 3 times in 15 years.....