Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Only a month? I thought it would be 6 months minimum.
  • Options
    Good. Despite a solid game v Reading he still needs to show he can be consistent.

Some might say he needs a League 2 side but after struggling at Eastbourne last season he's got to prove himself in the BSP first.
  • Options
    without a reserve league/team this is the only regular games he'll get
  • Options
    If he does well enough, he'll get his chance higher up the chain. If he struggles at that level, then it's probably an indication that he might not be good enough after all, and Reading was the exception and not the rule. This is all hypothetical before anyone gets uppity that I'm dissing the youth system!
  • Options
    If he does well after a month, they'll loan him to a League Two club then. That's a good idea actually!
  • Options
    I take it Ebbsfleet aren't owned by the internet group anymore?
  • Options
    They are in name only still owned by the MyFootballClub website but it is very different operation to the one which initially purchased the club, mainly because the initial membership has collapsed from tens of thousands to a fraction of that figure.
  • Options
    Good luck Yado!
  • Options
    When I saw Charlton defender going to Ebbsfleet then read Scoham's comment above: "Good. Despite a solid game v Reading he still needs to show he can be consistent." I naturally thought it was Francis and was worried that we might be sending him to a level too high for his current level of ability!
  • Options

Could be make or break for Mambo, Ebbsfleet are one of the smaller clubs at that level so will face some tough tests. A good or bad spell will have a major bearing on whether Mambo has a long term future here.

Wish him well.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mambo has been voted Ebbsfleet's MOTM on their website.. when I checked, he had over half the votes.
  • Options
    Mambo has been voted Ebbsfleet's MOTM on their website.. when I checked, he had over half the votes.
    2 out of 3 is pretty good. ;-)
  • Options
    Ex-Charlton player Alex Stavrinou also played for Ebbsfleet in that game. Out of interest, how was he  rated?
  • Options
    Good start for Mambo. :)
  • Options
    Mambo has 53% of the votes. Ex-Addick Stavrinou has 5% of the votes. =]
  • Options

I live in Gravesend and know a few regulars at the fleet (go myself sometimes when we are away). It should be a good experience for Yado, Daish is a good manager and he will def be getting lots of starts.

My Ebbsfleet mate messaged me on Sunday and said that Mambo had a blinder, especially in the air. Apparently he had one diving headed clearence which was top notch and was very vocal at the back. I also wouldnt read to much into the scoreline. Ebbs have a lot of injuries at the back and Fleetwood look like being a force this year.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Going to Ebbsfleet v Grimsby tonight....will report on how Mambo played...(if he does play) He has been getting rave reviews so far....and his deal got extended to the end of December.

• Options
    An Ebbsfleet side containing Mambo won 3-1 tonight...Mambo solid...fans love him down there...will report more tomorrow 
  • Options
    When I saw him at Welling there was a definite improvement, He is such a powerful fellow that good coaching could make him a real prospect for the future. I have to admit though that my mind keeps saying ' please don't make this Michael Turner re-visited '.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I saw him play for Ebbsfleet against Luton last week. He looked pretty solid although he looked a bit rattled for the 15 mins before half time after he was clattered by a strong Luton centre forward. The Ebbsfleet captain, Paul Lorraine, that plays alongside him at the back made a steady centre half pairing. Ebbsfleet scored in the last minute to get a well-deserved draw - the locals appreciated the fact that Mambo looked as happpy as anyone that they had got a result.

By contrast, Fleetwood came on as a sub for Luton and looked ordinary.
  • Options
    As my friend plays for Ebbsfleet i see them play a lot. Mambo is rated by the Ebbsfleet fans big time and are glad he is staying there for a while.

Stavrinou on the other hand...
  • Options
    Right here is my summary of Mambo.

All this is fairly similar to what Thai said a couple of posts above. 

Ebbsfleet's other centre half and captain Paul Lorraine is excellent for someone like Mambo, everything Mambo did that was right, Lorraine complemented him and that gave Yado confidence as the game went on. 

However, he didn't win too many headers due to Grimsby's tall strikers of whom kept the ball well, however no real player got past Mambo last night.

Mambo's style of play is similar to Morrison rather than Taylor....which was proven when Mambo took the ball past a Grimsby player and had a shot something i could see Morro doing rather that Taylor. 

Spoke to a couple of the locals about Mambo and their simple answer was "he has changed our team, with him here...our defence is much better"

Didn't have too much to do, yet one or two around me thought he should have got MOTM...think that sums it up,
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet's results have certainly picked up since YM went there.
  • Options
    Sent off today...
  • Options
    Oh no. Where did you hear that ......?

;o)
  • Options
    I'd like to see him go to Leyton orient on loan personally but i think this is something to do with how we can recall him.