Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin W*****

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Just caught the post match interview with the lad and thought QPR had won about 5-0,the way he was banging on about them.Imagine my disbelief when I discovered.
They drew......
0-0.......
with Newcastle!

Get a grip Neeeeeel.

Christ he still rubs me up the wrong way.

Comments

• Options
    What was with the big DJ headphones?

• Options
    Don't care about him, don't care about them.
  • Options
    Don't care about him, don't care about them.
    This. Even Pardew admitted they were the better team!
  • Options
    QPR did look good though, just needed a better striker than jay bothroyd.
  • Options
    They absolutely battered Newcastle, Newcastle were scared to attack, they parked the bus big time.
  • Options
    The Mrs. commented last night how unwell Colin looked.
  • Options
    I like warnock but he really needs to sort his hair out. Anybody with hair like that would look unwell.
  • Options
    Newcastle may be fourth, but I'd be amazed if they're not in the mix for relegation at the end.  To be fair to bignose anyone would struggle with the players they've got left.
  • Options
    Newcastle may be fourth, but I'd be amazed if they're not in the mix for relegation at the end.  To be fair to bignose anyone would struggle with the players they've got left.

I am amazed they have started as well as they have, they don't have a single Premier League striker on their books.

Please God/Allah/Buddha/Jehovah let them get relegated, it would be so, so sweet but, sadly, I reckon that Swansea are certs for the drop as are Norwich which leaves one place for the other dross to fight over and there are plenty of candidates.

• Options
    edited November 2011

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but:

FOOTBALL manager Neil Warnock’s televised comments that his team played like “fairies” have been deemed unacceptable by BBC bosses after a viewer complained.

The Queens Park Rangers boss made the remark in a Match Of The Day interview following a 2-2 draw against Cardiff City in April.

A viewer claimed it was “a homophobic stereotype” and should not have been shown. Today the BBC apologised and agreed it should not have been aired.

Homophobic stereotype
     my arse!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    that is political correctness gone mad
  • Options
    The politically correct term is "my team played like a load of girls' blouses". 
  • Options
    Can't stand the man but that's just ridiculous. Don't you just hate the PC brigade.
  • Options
    That's just political incorrectness!
  • Options
    That's awful, how dear he offend those small mythical delicate winged beasts that live at the end of the garden...   
  • Options

I like his latest gem:

I've only read about the abusive chants, but I'm afraid in today's society nothing surprises me," he said on Friday.

"You see what happens when Liverpool play United, the abuse that managers get. Stewards look away - some of them even smile at the abuse you get.

"I think they (fans) should be put in prison for about two years each, but that's just me flying a kite, isn't it?

"It's all right saying we're going to look into it, but you can't look into that.

"When you see the hatred in some of these guys' faces... it's frightening. You're probably talking about guys who wear suits to work all week.

"It's all very well to say you're getting rid of the excess when you go to a football match, but some of it goes way over the top."

I suppose when he abuse is directed at a ref or a lino by himself it becomes different!

• Options
    He drew a smile from me when he once said:

"I don't mind the Charlton v palarse matches, because the Chairman (tango) gets all the abuse and the fans leave me alone"

• Options

I like his latest gem:

I've only read about the abusive chants, but I'm afraid in today's society nothing surprises me," he said on Friday.

"You see what happens when Liverpool play United, the abuse that managers get. Stewards look away - some of them even smile at the abuse you get.

"I think they (fans) should be put in prison for about two years each, but that's just me flying a kite, isn't it?

"It's all right saying we're going to look into it, but you can't look into that.

"When you see the hatred in some of these guys' faces... it's frightening. You're probably talking about guys who wear suits to work all week.

"It's all very well to say you're getting rid of the excess when you go to a football match, but some of it goes way over the top."

I suppose when he abuse is directed at a ref or a lino by himself it becomes different!

He may very well be a hypocrite but those comments make a lot of sense to me. I'm amazed the media attention is still on Terry because to me the Chelsea fans chanting was much worse.
    Get used to it

PC Powell  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/9631210.stm

CAFC leading the way again  http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2497377,00.html
    More reasons why Powell is a true legend in the making. If you have beliefs then you have to stand up for them.
  • Options
    PC Powell  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/9631210.stm

CAFC leading the way again  http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2497377,00.html
    Really proud of Powell being one of the first to sign the anti-homophobia charter. I still can't quite believe that there isn't a single openly gay footballer playing in English league football.

Just read this quote on a wiki page: "In 2010 the FA aimed to shoot a video designed to discourage anti-gay hate-chants on the terraces, however, they reportedly couldn't find a player from the Premier League willing to endorse it and so postponed the video.[21] Pundits believed that players were scared to associate themselves with homosexuality."

So good on Powell for standing up for what he believes in: so far only Wycombe, Charlton and Brighton have signed the charter - even though it has been available since March.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How many lifers are gay?

Who cares?

• Options

How many lifers are gay?

cliveg is.
  • Options

So good on Powell for standing up for what he believes in: so far only Wycombe, Charlton and Brighton have signed the charter - even though it has been available since March.
    Surprised at Brighton   :-)
  • Options

I've no problem with condemnation of homophobia being old enough to remember "queer bashing" in the seventies and seeing the damage done to a colleague who suffered it.

That said condemnation of Warnock for use of the word "fairies" is way over the top and likely to do more harm than good. Rather like the white illiberal liberals who trot out the falsehood that Muslims are anti Christmas every year etc, etc.

Still in these times I suppose the PC lobby have to keep themselves in employment by stoking up the flames of resentment.

• Options
    "There were plenty of sniggers about the two dustmen who went on a bender in Brighton dressed as fairies". 

It won't be long before our beautiful language is totally ruined by the PC brigade, worried about upsetting someone, somewhere.

Britain will be totally populated by people saying:

"ya nar wot i mean"

"innit"

"dem, ting, etc etc"

The opening sentence at the start contains 4 words which are not permitted in print by one of our daily newspapers (and one of them isn't even Brighton !), just in case they cause offence.

To which, I say.......................

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, 
    This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, 
    This other Eden, demi-paradise, 
    This fortress built by Nature for herself 
    Against infection and the hand of war, 
    This happy breed of men, this little world, 
    This precious stone set in the silver sea, 
    Which serves it in the office of a wall 
    Or as a moat defensive to a house, 
    Against the envy of less happier lands,-- 
    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

The Kaiser Chiefs are right - but probably 20 years too early.
  • Options
    "There were plenty of sniggers about the two dustmen who went on a bender in Brighton dressed as fairies". 

It won't be long before our beautiful language is totally ruined by the PC brigade, worried about upsetting someone, somewhere.

Britain will be totally populated by people saying:

"ya nar wot i mean"

"innit"

"dem, ting, etc etc"

The opening sentence at the start contains 4 words which are not permitted in print by one of our daily newspapers (and one of them isn't even Brighton !), just in case they cause offence.

To which, I say.......................

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, 
    This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, 
    This other Eden, demi-paradise, 
    This fortress built by Nature for herself 
    Against infection and the hand of war, 
    This happy breed of men, this little world, 
    This precious stone set in the silver sea, 
    Which serves it in the office of a wall 
    Or as a moat defensive to a house, 
    Against the envy of less happier lands,-- 
    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

The Kaiser Chiefs are right - but probably 20 years too early.

I suppose the two dustmen could be termed as Fairy Dust Men!!

Taxi for SoundAs.