Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sean McGinty

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Sean McGinty (signed from us for Manchester United a couple of years back) has been named in their Champions League Squad as one of the 10 'B' players. We have first option on a loan deal for him if we decide to show interest. This would most likely happen next season though. Good luck to the lad.

Comments

• Where did you get the info re: having the first option on a loan deal?

Also, he must only be 17 at most?
  • Was 18 in August stoopid.
  • Was 18 in August stoopid.
    Pipe down. Thought you'd be snuggled up with a cup of cocoa and a marmite sandwich by now.
  • Family friend chunes.
  • Wasn't there a song about Paddy McGinty's goat?

Always interested in how former Charlton players are getting on. I believe Man Utd paid us in the region of £500,000 for McGinty when he was only 15 years old. Be interesting to find out what add-ons are paid as he progresses his United career?

Good luck to the lad.
  • Good luck to him.

What is a Champs league B squad and what does it mean for Sean?
  • I'm pretty sure that we were told at the time (by Richard Murray?) that the £500K was all we would get. No add-ons.
  • Good luck to him.

What is a Champs league B squad and what does it mean for Sean?

The B list includes the players who are eligible to play but they don’t count against the max number of players limit because they’re not old enough.

Here is how UEFA classifies their 'List B' players:

1. Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season.

2. A player may be registered on List B if he is born on/after January 1990 and had been eligible to play for the club concerned for an interrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA.

• Has gone on loan to League Two Morecambe.
  • Sean McGinty - didn't he have a goat?
  • Sponsored links:

• You're thinking of @Gumbo
  • I'll pop down to Morecambe and let you all know how he's doing
  • Now captain of Aldershot:

http://www.theshots.co.uk/sean-mcginty-qa/?

Says he was a Charlton fan as a boy.
  • Vincenzo said:

Now captain of Aldershot:

http://www.theshots.co.uk/sean-mcginty-qa/?

Says he was a Charlton fan as a boy.

Do you have any regrets in football? Not in football, no, but off the pitch, as a youngster I made a lot of bad decisions and maybe I could have been playing at a higher level. That was probably the only reason I left Manchester United because I did stuff off the pitch that I shouldn’t have been doing. Being young and at one of the best teams in the country, it all got to my head a bit really.

Says it all... Sadly he did throw it all away, maybe should have stayed with Charlton