Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many times you been Old Trafford ?

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
think i'm on about 5 times.

is this the reason why few seem to be going tomorrow ? The though of missing Man U away in past years would of been obsurd to me, yet now i'm not really that fussed.

Relegation would be a bad thing, but for many of us i think the blow will be softened by the prospect of variety.

Comments

• Options
    3 times for me.

The 0-0 towards the end of the season

The FA Cup game when we took 10,000 and about 50 coaches

and

England vs. Liechenstein
  • Options
    Twice I think, a 3-0 Defeat when Tommy Caton was playing for us & the defeat 1-0 I think when we were relegated under Lennie last game of season just before Manu played Palace in Cup final.
  • Options
    3 for me, including England v Sweden.

That's 3 more times than my mate who has 'supported' Man U since he was a kid....
  • Options
    Probably 10 times, loads of England games in the past couple of years
  • Options
    Thinking about that England v Sweden game, did a double header that weekend - England on the Saturday, Gigg Lane on the Sunday!
  • Options
    3 or 4 for me all Charlton

1-0 stuart
    0-0
    beckha's last game
    and the fa cup
  • Options
    edited February 2007

when we won 1-0 (stuart scored)
    when we got relegated
    FA cup 10k game
    0-0
  • Options
    3 or 4 times i think all recent
  • Options
    FA Cup 1/4 in '94.
    Three in our 2nd Prem life.
    Evening game in Fergie's "last" season about 6 years ago. Signed his tribute book in the museum.
    Also there at Becks last game. God I sound like Manure!
    Taken Chirps, sorry DJ jnr 3 times.
    Lost £100 coming back in '94 playing Brag on the coach. Got to the Watermans Arms just after 11 but the woman served us becuase we'd been up there!
  • Options
    4 for me. haven't been since the corners have been done though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2007
    Fa Cup
    2-1 defeat, 0-0 last day, 4-1 United
    England v Sweden, Denmark, Wales, South Africa, Greece
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]4.
    coming back in '94 Got to the Watermans Arms just after 11 but the woman served us becuase we'd been up there!

we may have been on the same coach...my father and i dashed off the coach and ran around the corner to the watermans hoping there was still a chance of getting a pint in and did...it was one that didn't live up to the billing of luxury coach as promised when we booked the tickets and if we'd have known beforehand how crap the coach was and how slow the journey was going to be I'd have got the merc out of the garage and gone up in that...
  • Options
    Tomorrow will be the 5th time. Going to sample the world famous prawn sarnies.
  • Options
    about 6 or 7 i think
  • Options

Relgation game
    1/4 final
    Beckhams last game

I hate Old Trafford, when going there I never feel like I'm going to football, the atmosphere feels like a Stones gig.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]4

when we won 1-0 (stuart scored)
    when we got relegated
    FA cup 10k game
    0-0

Snap for Charlton - assuming the 0-0 was Jorge Costa's last game?
    Also three Euro 96 games - including one of the worst / dullest games I've ever seen, the semi between France and Czech Rep which the Czechs won on pens.
  • Options
    too many times
    i hate the place
    thank gawd the Rugby League will never be there again!!!!!!
  • Options
    Only twice. First one was the "Things Can Only Get Better" cup game, and the second was the first Premiership away game with the streaker protesting against the Sky takeover, when our coach got bricked in Shepherds Bush on the way home.
  • Options
    Grand final is staying at OT, KBLS
  • Options
    1-0 stuart 0-0 bob bolders greatest game 0-1 when we were relegated, cup game and when we lost 1-4 a few seasons back..... havnt been since just cant summon up the enthusiasm to go away anymore... or the money!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i went to all the Euro '96 games at OT as i was living oop north at the time, none of them any good - the semi was the worst game i have ever been too :-(

i also ended up at OT for the semi-final in their Cup Winners Cup wining year (91 or so).............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]i went to all the Euro '96 games at OT as i was living oop north at the time, none of them any good - the semi was the worst game i have ever been too :-(

i also ended up at OT for the semi-final in their Cup Winners Cup wining year (91 or so).............

With you on that semi, Oakster. Only entertaining bit was when the pens went to sudden death and the Czechis couldn't find anyone else to take one - the players ganged up and pushed one of them (the captain, I think) out of the centre circle. He scored though! We had a mad dash afterwards back to Congleton to my brother's house to watch the Eng v Ger semi - made it just as they were kicking off...
  • Options
    5 times
  • Options
    Seen us there about 6 or 7 times including the 0-1 Mark Stuart yippee-eye-aye day and the Cup 1/4 final.

Also saw Man Utd in Euro games on at least two occasions in the Bryan Robson, Frank Stapleton days against Juventus and Barcelona when Maradona was playing for them. The later was a classic, with Utd 0-2 down from the first leg and winning 3-0 to go through. Best atmosphere I've ever experienced, it was electric, and from a 'neutral' thats saying something.

* these Man Utd games were kind of a pay back to keep my brother-in-law company who used to travel around with us following CAFC around the country. On one of the Man Utd games we met the Charlton team in the services on their way back from Blackburn (I think), god I felt guilty!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Grand final is staying at OT, KBLS

OMG!!!!! I thought it was going to Wembley.......................grrrrrrrrr
    What are they thinking of?????
  • Options
    3 times

4-1 Kinsella Goal and Dwight York's debut
    The 0 0 when JJ should have won it for us
    And another time but cant remember too much about it
  • Options
    I've been to every Man U v Charlton game at Old Trafford since 1986.Don't know how many that is.I think it makes it 10. 9 league games and 1 cup.
  • Options
    Quality covered end,just 5 for me
  • Options
    Just 3 times

1986 - the game we got Ron Atkinson sacked and Lennie said about goalscorer Mark Stuart: He's so good he could be playing for Barcelona and so bad he should be playing for Bromley. Barcelona or Bromley, it's up to him.

He got sold to Plymouth.

1994 - when Peter Schmichel scythed down Kim Grant and got sent off- how was he to know Granty would surely have missed anyway.....
    And seeing cult hero (!?) Carl Leaburn actually score against Man Yoo.

!998 - Seeing Kinsella put us into the lead.....we'd just got promoted to the Prem: drawn 0-0 at N'castle, done S'oton 5-0, 0-0 at Arsenal and now winning away at Man Utd......had to pinch myself that this was plucky little Charlton in the Prem, it seemed unbelievable - and it was, alright. Losing 4-1 brought us right back to earth.