Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

At least we aint Plymouth..

Comments

• Options
    I like that skybet are giving odds for Dowie!
    http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=58490&start=150
  • Options

Is it any different from us sacking Parky after he allegedly paid for a loan player's wages ?

• Options
    Paul Hart stated when he joined us that he's never really wanted to be a manager and is happier teaching youth players.

Has he actually ever gone to a club to take a management appointment? Seems like it's always been an internal "promotion", could be wrong though.

He's not going anywhwhere.
    He took over from Warnock at Palace and was offered the Swindon job i think.

Can't imagine who would take that job. Saying that Bournemouth seemed to profit from an extremely dire situation on the manager front. I hope Argyle do too.
  • Options
    What was Reid supposed to do? They sold any player worth selling, left him with a team that isn't going tp pull up any trees, then didn't pay them for months. To help out he sells a much treasured personal momento. Then they sack him. What a joke. Just like Risdale though. I'd say that I hope they go down now except that their fans don't deserve that and what have they one to deserve Risdale. Any self respecting Manager should stay well clear.
  • Options
    shockin behaviour from risdale.

surely the LMA & FA can step in and take some sort of action on behalf of Reid?? im no legal expert but it cannot be right for someone to sell personal possesions to assist in the payment of staff...and then get sacked by a man whos couldnt do his own job properly in the first place.
  • Options
    A disgraceful move, but I can't help but think Reid is probably better off out of it.   Football management is a stressful enough job at the best of times, but when you're working for an a-hole it must be worse.  

Take a look at this pic of Reid; the grey hair and the sunken eyes.  Not a healthy look for a guy of 55 is it?  Do yourself a favour Peter, take a good long break from the game, and think very carefully about who you want to work for in future.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    If Plymouth went out of business, it is hard not to see them returning in some form like a Phoenix from the ahes  - too many decent and passionate fans just to let it go.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    What a mess at Argyle.

I feel for Peter Reid; he couldn't have given more. I feel for the fans - they are the difference between a business and a club.
    For their sake, I hope it eventually works out for them.

Thank our lucky stars, it has worked out for Charlton. It could so easily have been us.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    This

somebody has started a twitter account to ask The FA to reissue his medals, probably futile but I have followed it
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Spot on Oggy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Carl Flecther has been appointed care taker manager.
  • Options
    By appointing him and Romain as coach, they've not only got a manager with no experience (or badges as far as I know) but also lost their captain and 1st choice keeper. Hmmm.
  • Options
    A job where you don't get any resources, receive stick, are doomed to failiure and don't get paid for it -now let me see............
  • Options
    I know saying Ridsdale has a hidden agenda is like saying the sahara is a bit hot, but...
  • Options
    Yeah the FA should re-issue his medals. Feel sorry for him, good football man. Plymouth have treated him like crap here, disappointing.
  • Options
    Heaney, who was the favourite to takeover, in a deal that meant he buys the ground and sells the club to Ridsdale for £1, until he didn't actually stump up any money, is in the news again, as he is Truro city chairman and they've now been issued a winding up order!
  • Options
    BBC reporting that Ridsdale to leave.
  • Options
    Doesn't seem to be any saviour waiting to step in.

Really don't want to see a league club close but it looks like it might happen.
  • Options
    1356 FOOTBALL: Former Leeds chairman Peter Ridsdale is to step down from his involvement with Plymouth Argyle once James Brent takes over the club, with the deal set to go through next month.
  • Options
    Great news for Plymouth! I wonder if Brent will get Reid back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been watching a bit about Argyle on football focus, if any west country addicks fancy going to see a Plymouth match or 2.. drop me a mail
  • Options
    I'd rather cut of my penis with a rusty bread knife!
    Seriously though, they were bad enough when I saw them against parkies side last season, so god knows what shape they're in now...
  • Options
    I'd rather cut of my penis with a rusty bread knife!
    Seriously though, they were bad enough when I saw them against parkies side last season, so god knows what shape they're in now...
    Fair play, I was just looking to go support a near bust football team... never expected to see Brazilian style football at the same time :)
  • Options
    Hey easy tiger!
    Was just a light hearted remark, but at the same time it still ain't cheap there, and do I really spend what little spare I have on that?

I take it dinner is off ;0)
  • Options
    well...I wont be buying you a McFlurry if you take things so personally, thats for sure :)
  • Options
    Won 2-0 today, delighted for them, their fans don't deserve to be where they are.
  • Options
    Yes they won!
    Hey shine-love you really!
    let's go down Union street and have a punch up to celebrate!
    , I'd buy you a beer ;0)

Incidentally if I had spare cash I'd gladly go Argyle.
  • Options
    haha lets do it, always fancied having my face punched in by a squaddie  :)
    Hopefully they do some £5 football this year, il be game for that.... although you are right on costs.
    2-3 games down at Plymouth could fund a trip up to the Valley this season and I know which id prefer

Congrats Plymouth !
  • Options
    Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the link.

See my recent thread, "Fans Re-united" regarding my experiences at Argyle last Saturday.

Brighton supporters took a coachload to the Macclesfield game, and supporters of several other clubs made the effort to show their solidarity with the Argyle fans. It was a brilliant atmosphere and 'togetherness' of football fans of different clubs.