Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Channel 4 Athletics coverage

BDLBDL
edited September 2011 in Other Football and Sports
Sorry if this has already been done, did a search and couldn't find anything.

If you haven't seen this, well, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It is utter Car Crash TV.

I feel sorry for him.

Comments

• nearly as bad as John Barnes.
  • Saw in the Evening Standard last night the black fella (Ortis is it?) has been taken off of all future coverage.
  • the commentator/link man job is not so easy as it seems
  • Can not blame him he was thrown in at the deep end and now will be made the scape goat..

C4 should invest in the lad as he likeable and better than half the same old sh*t presenters we have to suffer-- if garth croooks and co can work on BBC on a regular basis this lad deserves a chance.

Reckon the press should pay more attention to our efforts by our athletes -- lets hope they are saving themselves for the 2012 -cos we were poor

• poor bloke well out of depth the pressure got to him bad, was horrible to watch
  • 'The fastest man on no legs'
  • 'The fastest man on no legs'

LOL
  • Job for Emma??????
  • poor bloke well out of depth the pressure got to him bad, was horrible to watch
    Indeed. Likeable bloke and felt sorry for him there.
  • To be fair the other bloke presenting isnt much kop either. Keep expecting the sugar babes to be competing in the 4x4 relay.
  • Sponsored links:

• that was quality
  • edited September 2011
    Hannah England just won silver.

Now for Dai Greene....
  • Bloke's been driving me nuts all week. He has Michael Johnson there to help him out who I consider to be possibly the best pundit of any sport currently working but he just keeps asking him pointless inane questions, making random statements that are neither a question nor interesting, missing his cues and is basically all over the place.

Whether they thought it would appeal to a younger audience, as in their core audience, I don't know but the poor bloke was seriously out of his depth.

• Their coverage has been good but presenters are a joke.

That twat Rick Edwards looks like a Hoxton reject and is not a sports presenter. Scruffy twat.

Dai Greene was brilliant. Proper athlete.

• we finally got a gold : )
  • Feel sorry for Otis. Everything else i've seen him in, he's always done okay, although this is the first time i've seen him live. Don't know if it's down to lack of research, being given the gig on short notice or plain and simple shitting of the pants but they really should have realised early on and got him out of there for the sake of the programme and his career.
  • I found him excruciating, but really felt sorry for the bloke. I reckon it's much harder than it looks.  I got phoned up by Radio 4 asking for a live interview and said no way.  Even the thought of talking about something I know about just on the radio was too scary.