Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tracks That Spoil Otherwise Good Albums

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Diamond B*ll*cks.   Spoils Mutations by Beck.
Cipher.  Spoils Under the Flag by Fad Gadget.
Love Can Tame The Wild.  Spoils Black Monk Time by The Monks.
Shouldn't Have Done That.  Spoils My Secret Garden by Depeche Mode.
I Before E Except After C.   Spoils Yazoo's debut Upstairs at Erics.

Comments

• 'Professional widow' plus its remix track one after the other - Boys From Pele - Tori Amos
  • Jimmy Jazz on London Calling by the Clash ... otherwise a perfect album
  • keep on wombling --by the wombles ruined when they covered Yellow Submarine

Jimmy Jazz is a great track from an incredible record..
  • 'Professional widow' plus its remix track one after the other - Boys From Pele - Tori Amos

Professional widow is an awesome track.
  • Rainy Day Women on Blonde on Blonde

Can't remember the name but on What's the Story the song about the sister/blister

Jimmy Jazz is a great track from an incredible record..
    I second that........that's one of my favourite tracks on the album.

Also have to disagree with stig about diamond bollox. It's very different and I used to think it let the album down at first and for a time I actually cut it out of the album. Now i love the track. It just won't sit still and jumps around from a slow, depressing mood into a fast and frantic conclusion. The most innovative artist since Bowie.

Can't remember the name but on What's the Story the song about the sister/blister
    She's Electric
  • Revolution 9

Professional widow is an awesome track.
    Yep its an awesome track but both mixes side by side doesn't work for me sometimes when listening to the album I will skip one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Angie ... Goats Head Soup / Stones
  • Golden Goose, a particularly ill-advised comedy song on Todd Rundgren's otherwise sublime album Healing.
  • Radio America - The Libertines first album
    The introduction bit on Hendrix album axis: bold as love

She's Electric
    Yes, that's the one.
  • Angie ... Goats Head Soup / Stones
    Would say it's one of the best on a mixed album.  The End of the Golden Age of Stones records
  • Mother - Synchronicity - The Police
  • The ones they let George Harrison do on otherwise perfect albums (eg that sitar dirge on Revolver).
  • I think both "Angie" and "She's Electric" are great tracks.........
  • 12 Gracious Melodies - spoils 'Purple' by Stone Temple Pilots
    Light My Fire - spoils 'Protection' by Massive Attack
    Sorrow - spoils 'A Momentary Lapse Of Reason' by Pink Floyd
    With you there Leroy! I always felt they meant that as more of a hidden track. I ignore it & if I do hear it, & generaly think of it as that. The same when I forget to stop 'Welcome To Sky Valley' by Kyuss & 'Lick my Do' comes on.

• Sponsored links:

• Frankly Mr Shankly on The Queen is Dead
  • "Home" spoils the otherwise perfect self titled Innerpartysystem.

• The Fix spoils 'The Seldom Seen Kid' by Elbow
  • The ones they let George Harrison do on otherwise perfect albums (eg that sitar dirge on Revolver).
    Have to disagree with you here Spirit. If you mean the final track on Revolver 'Tomorrow Never Knows' one of my favourite Beatles tracks and about thirty years ahead of its time.
    Have to disagree with you here Spirit. If you mean the final track on Revolver 'Tomorrow Never Knows' one of my favourite Beatles tracks and about thirty years ahead of its time.
    I never understand it when people say "ahead of its time", because its not really, its just a great track, one of the best conclusions to a mediocre Beatles record.
    I love Frankly Mr Shankly.
  • edited August 2011
    "Tomorrow never knows" was a Lenon track, I think he was talking about "Love you to" which is the Harrison Sitar track although has one of the highest BPM for a "dirge" I have ever seen or "Taxman" or "I want to tell you" or maybe harrison doesn't only have one track per album and it was just anothe Spirit wind up.
    I love Frankly Mr Shankly.
    Sorry. I could never see the point of it, musically or lyrically.
    With you there Leroy! I always felt they meant that as more of a hidden track. I ignore it & if I do hear it, & generaly think of it as that. The same when I forget to stop 'Welcome To Sky Valley' by Kyuss & 'Lick my Do' comes on.

Yeah - that one too. And the last tracks on Aenima and Undertow for that matter. Songs For The Deaf is also ruined by the stupid 'hidden' track
  • I hate hidden tracks.  If they're gonna put a track on, they should do it properly.