Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling V Woking Non League Day this coming Saturday

2»

Comments

• Options

Kick It Out@kickitoutKick It Out
    Clubs across the land gear up for second annual Non-League Day:http://t.co/Vexgh8B
    4 minutes ago via web
  • Options

Watched a bit of Thurrock v Welling.

Their away support was better than a few of our games last season....

That's what I thought...

Good standard of football on show too.
  • Options
    Cue ooh ahh!
  • Options

Not sure of what real ale is on Tomorrow, will find out and post it on the forum later.

• Options
    edited September 2011

The Real Ale on is Trelawny from St Austell Brewery.

Trelawny

An exciting new addition to St Austell Brewery’s beer line-up.

One of the first ales in Britain made with Galaxy hops, for a flavour that's out of this world.

Burnished copper in appearance, this handsome ale is a unique blend of homegrown Cornish barley, English Golding and specially imported Galaxy hops from South Australia. The result is a distinctive, full flavour with a delicious peach and apricot aroma.

It's Cornish ale, crafted to perfection.

Happy hour its £2.50 a pint from 130pm to 230pm Also they usually have some bottles (i cant be cetain and say they will have) like Spitfire and Bishops Finger or I.P.A etc etc and Bottles of beer/ale and cider are £2 during the happy hour. Hopefully they will again have some Ales in bottles but i cant confirm that i will try to get confirmation later.

• Options
    Thanks, Wellingfan. Living in Cornwall, I'm well familiar with St Austell Ales (Tribute, HSD, Proper Job, etc) but haven't tried Trelawney yet.

Good luck for your game on Saturday!
  • Options

Cheers should be a good game.

Just been told there will be bottles of

Bishops Finger

1 other real ale

Bulmers Apple

Bulmers Pear

Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer

Lets hope we get a good result and drink the gaff dry. Hope to see lots of Charlton shirts there tomorrow to get behind the boys, they deserve it.

• Options
    I am really looking forward to this.  I live in Welling and have to say the welling fans are great we do the local lottery along with next door and and tomorrow I will attending with them.  The guys that come around for the money are great and really looking forward as are us to a great season. I will be trying to make as many games this year as I can that don't clash with Charlton.  And I am sure like most on here I will always support welling and they are not just my second team but one of my two teams. I would hate it if we where both in the same league. 
  • Options
    I see our OS has run a feature on tomorrow's Welling game ....... and ecouraging Addicks to go along.
  • Options
    fair play, nice one Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top of the League!

Not too late to go and see Welling today!
  • Options
    Great game ... well played one and all
  • Options
    Welling 3 Woking 2

Welling 5 points clear at the top, I believe!
  • Options
    I went along this afternoon, good entertaining game between two good sides. And crowd over 1200 was good news for Welling. As for me I had £1 on welling to be 2-1 up half time and win 3-2 at 90/1 . So well and truly paid for my day.
  • Options

Thanks to all the addicks who turned up today. The bar was busy, we got the 3 points and the management and players were delighted at the support.

In truth we never played the way we have been but we battled and deserved the win.

Some highlights will be up over night, your support today was very much appreciated and i hope you enjoyed the match.

Thanks again and good luck on Monday.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Looking at the season's results in Welling's League, I noticed that a couple of weeks back that Truro beat Dover 1-0.

That's a sod of a journey for Dover to do; must be 350 miles at least by road.........imagine driving to Plymouth v Charlton, but having to add on another 50 miles at each end. And no motorways in Cornwall.
  • Options

We are all going by train, some staying the weekend (players doing overnight stay too), station is 10 mins walk to ground. Advance fares from 30 quid return direct trains. A few addicks should come along for the craic :)

We got Dorchester away Saturday should take 80 to 100 for that and make lots of noise.

• Options

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/wellingutd/videos/welling-united-v-woking-3091-17244.html

Highlights from yesterday, there are also two video interviews with Assistant Manager Barry Ashby and Captain Jack Parkinson, available by hitting videos and photos link on menu.

• Options
    Wellingfan:

Did you notice an increase in attendance on saturday?
  • Options

Yeah we seemed to have a good 300 more neutrals, lots of charlton shirts, some millwall. Think woking brought about 250-300 so was a good gate. Just glad we got the result and might get a few of the floaters or league fans back when there team is away or not playing.

For the first time really i noticed a large Charlton contingent and it was great to see.