Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens

edited August 2011 in General Charlton

Just wondering how he has been getting on?

He started his career down at gigg lane before he moved to Oldham for a nominal fee and a decent sell on fee so thanks for the 200k we got out of it :)

I saw his Goal first game of the season wasnt it? looked ok to me haha he once scored a beast for us against bradford i think 30 yarder top corner but never did anything else :(

Will he be playing tomos?

Comments

• Options
    He's mustard mate. Complimented very well by Danny Hollands. Will 100% be starting unless he's picked up and injury in training this week.
  • Options
    Been crying out for his type of player for years - only more to come from him as well
  • Options
    was quiet against scunthorpe but before that he has been different gravy. the type of player we havent had for a long time, probably since andy reid left. looks like he can make things happen with neat touches and his finish against bournemouth was quality.
  • Options

good to hear always liked Dale at gigg thought he could be a really good player but he fell out with Alan Knill early doors and soon left shame really because everyone could see he was going to be a good player he just needed more time and thats why he never did much else except the top corner goal.

He only ever got played 20 mins here and there unfortunatly

• Options
    was quiet against scunthorpe but before that he has been different gravy. the type of player we havent had for a long time, probably since andy reid left. looks like he can make things happen with neat touches and his finish against bournemouth was quality.
    Thought he would want to make an immpresion after the way Alan Knill treated him unless he was to pumped up for it??
  • Options
    What happened between them DIG?
  • Options

Basically the ginger tool (knill) came in thought he would just not use our youth and left him to rot DS as far as i am aware was the only one that stood up to him and said I can make the grade in this team give me some mins on the pitch and i will show you Knill didnt like it and he offered him the same terms he was on at the end of the season because he knew someone would come in for him with a bigger wage and he left on bad terms with Knill.

And he has gone on to prove he was good enough for us!! but to be fair Knill did take us from 22nd to 13th that season in his first 4 months!!

• Options
    Dale is my new favourite player :)
  • Options
    Did you say you got 200k out of the sell-on fee to us from Oldham???? what percentage was that of the total transfer fee?
  • Options
    ahh just been told it was 125k so around 30%
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think that would make it 400k very well spent.
  • Options
    we were told it was arond 400k you spent on him i might be wrong but thats what im told!
  • Options
    we were told it was arond 400k you spent on him i might be wrong but thats what im told!
    - it's more than we've been told!  Every fee we've paid this summer has been undisclosed
  • Options

oh haha its a bargin if its 400k i thought we could of got around 200 k when we sold him so i think he is worth more than that now but Oldham are in money troubles i believe so would make scence would 400k would poay a few players wages i would of thought for the season!!

• Options
    He's an amazing player, far too good for this level. As for your profile name, you could be mistaken for a Charlton fan!
  • Options
    He's an amazing player, far too good for this level. As for your profile name, you could be mistaken for a Charlton fan!

The full reason i chose the name pal!

You cant love Deano enough is all im going to say!!

• Options

The full reason i chose the name pal!

You cant love Deano enough is all im going to say!!

Deano is a ledge , would love him back as a coach one day.
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind him as back up keeper!!
  • Options
    He's retired now i think? But can be called upon in an injury crisis?
  • Options
    He's retired now i think? But can be called upon in an injury crisis?
    even if he was in his 50's still think he would be a quality keeper shame he wasnt english!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dale (and Danny Hollands) are a breath of fresh air for our midfield. It's been a pleasure watching them so far this season and a while since we've been able to say that.

As for Deano...personally, I am delighted he wasn't English! Saw his debut for the Republic in 1999 when he came on in our play-off game against Turkey. A couple of old guys were sitting in front of us and I was so proud to say "Charlton" when they asked who he played for. Lucky to meet him a couple of times. Top class guy!!
  • Options
    But Deano is English !

Born in Manchester, got an Irish accent like you DIG, I bet!

;o)
  • Options

well yes he was born in Salford but I mean its a shame he didnt play for england could anyone honestly say he wasnt better than paul robinson!!

And he did have the best accent just like me OR :D

• Options
    Dale is my new favorite player. thinking about getting an away shirt with his name on it
  • Options
    Dale is my new favorite player. thinking about getting an away shirt with his name on it
    You could put, "Oop Dale" on your away shirt.

Mind you, people might think you're Rochdale.
  • Options
    His Girlfriends name is emma. Got both their names on his windscreen sunshade........

Emma.............Dale, Fact!
  • Options

Actually she comes from Nottingham, tango..

..and her name is Alana.

• Options

Actually she comes from Nottingham, tango..

..and her name is Alana.

Am I missing the joke or was it you who missed mine? :-/
  • Options
    Think Robin Hood Tango...
  • Options
    Think Robin Hood Tango...
    DING!!!!

Just got it.

I'm so fast the Army want to send me to afganistan to work as a bullet catcher. :-)