Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs India. 4th Test.

Playing at the Oval on day two. It's all far too easy.

England are 397-2 after 109 overs. Pietersen is not out on 154 from 212 balls, Bell is not out on 151 from 258 balls and they've just reached their 300 partnership from 435 balls.

Comments

• Options
    It's not even a contest
  • Options
    Been to The Oval today. Slow to start with, but brilliant batting by Bell and Pietersen.

Having sat through day after day of West Indian domination in the 70's and 80's, and Aussie domination in the 90's and 00's, I'm enjoying every minute now that it's our turn.
  • Options
    Highlight of the test so far was sitting Behind Airman Brown in the Peter May Stand yesterday
  • Options
    Are India even taking it seriously? ODI coming up? I wanted to see England fight to the death with 10 and 11 batting on to win the game.I wanted a contest.I wanted something to rivet me to the telly and justify the sky money.What have we had? Some cricket I could have seen at the top end of the local  leagues.The most limp wristed "pace" bowling Ive ever seen.Is anyone taking test cricket seriously? Apart from us? 50 Over bores me shitless,rest of world loves it.Rant over I love test cricket but it needs a contest.
  • Options
    Magnificent double hundred from bell #excellentbatting
  • Options
    just open up now and throw the bat perlease
  • Options
    India 103/5 - still 488 away from reaching England's total and 286 from saving the follow on and the pitch looks like a bunsen.
  • Options
    What an outstanding catch from Bell. One of the best instinctive catches you'll see.
  • Options
    Great catch indeed. I would love for us to win 4-0 in this series, best way to prove that we are the best team in the world. I can't believe how poor India have been though...how can they have been number 1 in the world?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    232-7 (trail by 359).
  • Options
    Dravid finally out: Been on the pitch for every minute of the 4 days so far... #WellPlayed
  • Options
    Dravid finally out: Been on the pitch for every minute of the 4 days so far... #WellPlayed

Something Cook did in the last Test.
  • Options
    129/3 at stumps, seven wickets away from a whitewash while India trail by 162.
  • Options
    Come on England!!!
  • Options
    Sachin gone for 91, lbw bowled bresnan....feel sorry for the little fella.
  • Options
    Raina gone for a duck, Swanny again...266/6 - We need four more wickets to win, with india trailing by 25
  • Options
    This next one is the stand to break quickly and we win
  • Options
    Why?
  • Options
    Why?
    because he is an all time great (IMO the greatest batsman ever - the stats dont lie) and the amount of pressure the guy has had to deal with from 1 billion plus indians over the last 20 years is amazing...It would have been nice to see his 100th hundred in England....(although it can still happen in the one dayers)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chose a good time to go to the boozer, 6 wickets for 15 odd runs.
  • Options
    Cricket is test cricket, and england is number one, do they get the test cricket trophy now or when they officially update the rankings? As I know you get it presented when your number one
  • Options
    Why?
    because he is an all time great (IMO the greatest batsman ever - the stats dont lie) and the amount of pressure the guy has had to deal with from 1 billion plus indians over the last 20 years is amazing...It would have been nice to see his 100th hundred in England....(although it can still happen in the one dayers)

Not a great answer. Stats don't lie, but they do not tell the whole truth either.

He's a fine, fine player. Without doubt one of the 10 best but Richards and Lara were all round much better batsmen. His record against SA and Pakistan is very poor though compared to the other playing nations.

I cannot see how anyone can argue against DG Bradman as the best ever batsman. He had the pressure of not just being his country's best cricketer but also the number 1 icon for a nation for all his life.

Tendulkar needs no ones sympathy.

• Options
    Why?

Not a great answer. Stats don't lie, but they do not tell the whole truth either.

He's a fine, fine player. Without doubt one of the 10 best but Richards and Lara were all round much better batsmen. His record against SA and Pakistan is very poor though compared to the other playing nations.

I cannot see how anyone can argue against DG Bradman as the best ever batsman. He had the pressure of not just being his country's best cricketer but also the number 1 icon for a nation for all his life.

Tendulkar needs no ones sympathy.

True - but Bradman spent most of his life facing bowling that was begging to be hit. The only way you got yourself out in the Don's era was literally that - getting yourself out.
  • Options
    Considering all the pain I've suffered following England in the late 1980s and 1990s, I feel strangely deflated by this series. Really hoped for a titantic 2005 Ashes style struggle between two great sides.
  • Options
    I agree - very difficult to compare different eras in any sport. Tendulkar is definitely a great, but the England side is a professional unit now days and should be aiming to stop him reaching the landmark, which they have suceeded in doing in the test series so good on them. It wasn't his last international game so won't bet against him achieving it at some point.
  • Options
    Are South Africa = number1 ?  ;-)
  • Options
    The test championsip mace was presented I heard great achievment, the pinnacle of cricket
  • Options
    This Indian team is overrated rubbish in Test matches. It seems no country other than England treats test cricket seriously anymore. England can only be called a great team when it cracks the one day game. Test cricket will be dead in 10 years time.