Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford Tolls - Please sign petition

2»

Comments

• Options
    A spokesman for the Highways Agency confirmed the tolls have not been suspended since the trial was introduced........
    Went through yesterday, took 15 minutes both ways at  10.15, and on return @11.30.
    A wet Thursday morning and still  a tail back!...... came  through two weeks ago and spent 2 and a half hours from  Stanstead . 
    Not fit for purpose, even if it was free?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    stonemuse
    What's the sign of common sense thing that's happened today?

If I understand today's situation correctly (and I haven't been through the tolls today) they have suspended the tolls and opened the 'gates' thereby allowing a better flow of traffic
  • Options
    Cheers.
    (Once I'd posted, I thought about it and figured that would be it!)
  • Options
    Had a text earlier from my daughter saying that it took 3 hours to get to Lakeside, a journey that should take about 30 minutes from where we are.
  • Options
    So, they suspend the charges when there is heavy traffic? This surely proves that it is purely money-making and nothing to do with a congestion charge - when it's congested you don't pay... I've had a glass of wine and I'm struggling with the logic here.
  • Options
    So, they suspend the charges when there is heavy traffic? This surely proves that it is purely money-making and nothing to do with a congestion charge - when it's congested you don't pay... I've had a glass of wine and I'm struggling with the logic here.

Just have another one, Saga....
  • Options
    Thanks Jean - Alison is opening another bottle as we speak!
  • Options
    Done

• Options
    Done

I'm totally against the increases but anybody give me an example of when an online petition ever stopped something happening ? 
  • Options
    Done

I'm totally against the increases but anybody give me an example of when an online petition ever stopped something happening ? 
    I personally think all these govt petitions are just their way of gathering even more information about us and what side of the political fence we're more likely to reside on. Is it just me being cynical in my old age or has anyone else wondered why most these e-petitions are gov.org sites? and yes, i realise this one isn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done and circulated.
  • Options
    Done and circulated.

Unlike the M25, when the traffic is bad due to the Dartford crossing.
  • Options
    Shocking queues to get on the bridge today , should be free.