Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Take a bow Waggy, Take a bow!

124»

Comments

• Options
    When it was mentioned that we were in for him everyone won was saying what a great signing he would be for us etc etc, now your saying o but we can't play him cos it will leave our full back exposed, need to make your minds up or is it you will find any excuse to keep waggy in the team
  • Options
    When it was mentioned that we were in for him everyone won was saying what a great signing he would be for us etc etc, now your saying o but we can't play him cos it will leave our full back exposed, need to make your minds up or is it you will find any excuse to keep waggy in the team
    When we had just conceded the first goal and were bound to be on the back foot for the remainder of the game, it wasn't the best time to take off Waggy and put on Green. Have to agree that from the start Green looks like he'll be a better long term option. It's still a nice dilemma to have though - two excellent options for right wing.

I think Powell should've rethought that substitution as soon as Scunthorpe scored.
  • Options
    When we had just conceded the first goal and were bound to be on the back foot for the remainder of the game, it wasn't the best time to take off Waggy and put on Green. Have to agree that from the start Green looks like he'll be a better long term option. It's still a nice dilemma to have though - two excellent options for right wing.

I think Powell should've rethought that substitution as soon as Scunthorpe scored.
    You say that now, but had Jackson put away the header (great save by the way) from Green's cross it would've been game over and everyone would be congratulating Powell on a brilliantly timed substitution. It's a fine line in this league. Sometimes these decisions will pay off, on other occasions they won't. Those are the joys of being a football manager I suppose! 

Let's just be happy that we've even got options from the bench this season, as last season you just couldn't see a way back into a game once we were on the back foot. 10 points at this stage is great and I'm still very positive about this season. 
  • Options

I wonder if the solution is to play Waggy at full back with Green. Waggy's fitness enables him to cover so much ground it might just allow us to get the best out of both of them.

I don't see Green and Solly working.

• Options
    As I said in the post match views thread, it was taking Wagstaff off the pitch that lost us two points. Solly got beaten more times in the 15 minutes that Green was on the pitch than in the first 75 minutes when he had Wagstaff in front of him. It was as if floodgates opened down our right hand side and we invited the pressure.

I agree that Green looked dangerous but it wasn't what was needed in that situation.
  • Options

I wonder if the solution is to play Waggy at full back with Green. Waggy's fitness enables him to cover so much ground it might just allow us to get the best out of both of them.

Green and Solly as a match partnership have been given 15 minutes, hardly conclusive either way.

I've a feeling that Waggy would make a decent inside-right forward, if we played 4-5-1 then playing inside might work.

• Options
    At 2-0 up it would have been the ideal time to try Wagstaff at inside forward alongside either BWT or Hayes.
  • Options
    At 2-0 up it would have been the ideal time to try Wagstaff at inside forward alongside either BWT or Hayes.
    I think your right , but it is easy to be wise after the event.
  • Options

Green and Solly as a match partnership have been given 15 minutes, hardly conclusive either way.

I've a feeling that Waggy would make a decent inside-right forward, if we played 4-5-1 then playing inside might work.

I accept that 15 minutes is not long to form a conclusive opinion.

That said, bearing in mind he was fresh, he showed little inclination to rack back and help Solly hence my assertion.

I suppose Powell might have told him not to worry about tracking back but I doubt it.

• Options
    I think your right , but it is easy to be wise after the event.

Not sure it was being wise after the event as I did not relate the final score to the proposed switch of Wagstaff inside.

Not a great fan of Wagstaff but he has energy to burn and late in a game againt tiring defenders would be a good option for an out ball and run the channels well imo.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    just read in the programme waggy has a bet with matt taylor to see who has the highest career tally at the end of this season 
    it is currently 21-17 to taylor