Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Restaurant Thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    Went to The Delaunay in Aldwych the other week for dinner. 

It was ok……but a bit Trumpy for the basics ie sausages and schnitzels. 

Was something different - but not sure I’ll be rushing back. 
  • Options

stonemuse said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Copper & Ink in Blackheath (former Masterchef winner Tony's restaurant!) has now also closed as of recently.

Sad about that, really liked it in there.
    Yup, great restaurant and terrific people. Thankfully went there again in late December. 

Tony has had to sell his house as well because of the cost. Awful for him.  
    They've moved to Margate, and have gone into partnership with the Former MD of Jamie Oliver restaurants. A new restaurant called Pomus opening in May.  (in the central town bit though which seems odd) 
    We're there in July for a couple of gigs so will no doubt visit. 

Also going to try to out Sete when we're there in the summer. 

• Options
    Couple of local (ish) ones i went to recently:

Marcelli - Deptford High Street. Was good, but not sure how long it'll be there for. Very hipster and seemed busy, but I can see them running out of clientele in the area.

Heritage - Dulwich - fantastic Indian food. Very high end and possibly some of the best Indian food I've had (and I spent a lot of time in India!)
  • Options
    Yes the position for the new place in Margate seems odd. What weekend Suzi? I’m going to Richard Ashcroft on the 12th and Niles Rogers the next…. Not either of them is it by any chance?? 

Had a fantastic meal in Kebbels in Broadstairs a few months back. Highly rate it.

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Yes the position for the new place in Margate seems odd. What weekend Suzi? I’m going to Richard Ashcroft on the 12th and Niles Rogers the next…. Not either of them is it by any chance?? 

Had a fantastic meal in Kebbels in Broadstairs a few months back. Highly rate it.

Friday 19th July Manic's & Suede at Dreamland and Friday 26th July Mystery Jets at The Lido
  • Options

Marcelli - Deptford High Street. Was good, but not sure how long it'll be there for. Very hipster and seemed busy, but I can see them running out of clientele in the area.

Heritage - Dulwich - fantastic Indian food. Very high end and possibly some of the best Indian food I've had (and I spent a lot of time in India!)
    I went to Heritage a couple of weeks ago. It's very good indeed but no longer the best in this part of London - Kokum in East Dulwich is really special. A match for the Michelin starred Indians in the west end but a fair bit cheaper. 
  • Options

Marcella, always packed though… 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Options
    Went to Manteca in Shoreditch tonight. Mind blowing, really good every single dish. Very highly recommend 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Sadly, there was a fire at Uskudar in Petts Wood last night.
    Looks like it'll be out of action for a while.
    Oh dear, one of my favourite restaurants.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Very good I agree, give Troy a go if you haven't already, just down the road on Queensway. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Very good I agree, give Troy a go if you haven't already, just down the road on Queensway. 
    I really like the fella in Uskudar, he always makes a real fuss of us when we're in there, I'd feel bad supporting the opposition if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    Any recommendations for sit down BBQ joint as central as poss in the city? Looking for more of a brisket, slow cooked ribs type place as opposed to a grill that'll serve up some burgers and grilled chicken.
  • Options
    edited April 24
    cafcpolo said:
    Any recommendations for sit down BBQ joint as central as poss in the city? Looking for more of a brisket, slow cooked ribs type place as opposed to a grill that'll serve up some burgers and grilled chicken.
    Texas Joe's Slow Cooked Meats is just a few minutes from London Bridge. 

There are Bodeans more centrally but always find them quite disappointing. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Texas Joe's Slow Cooked Meats is just a few minutes from London Bridge. 

There are Bodeans more centrally but always find them quite disappointing. 
    Yeah Bodeans always leaves me a bit meh 🫤 

nothing wrong with it and scratches an itch but that’s about it 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Huskaris said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

I really like the fella in Uskudar, he always makes a real fuss of us when we're in there, I'd feel bad supporting the opposition if you know what I mean.
    Funny that, that's exactly how I feel about Troy! They're a really nice husband and wife. The wife is a bit useless but the husband is a genuinely amazing chef. 
  • Options
    Smokestak in Shoreditch could be an option
  • Options
    edited April 24
    cafcpolo said:
    dont go anywhere near that Big Easy place at Canary Wharf (think its a chain).  Food is awful.  Been there twice, never again!
  • Options
    edited April 24
    JohnBoyUK said:
    cafcpolo said:
    dont go anywhere near that Big Easy place at Canary Wharf (think its a chain).  Food is awful.  Been there twice, never again!
    Second that. Big Easy is shite. 

• Options
    Has anyone been able to book a table at The Devonshire Soho? I’ve been trying for ages but no availability.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Has anyone been able to book a table at The Devonshire Soho? I’ve been trying for ages but no availability.
    Wall to wall people every time I go past it

Smokestak in Shoreditch could be an option
    Second call for Smokestak, brilliant food last time I was in there 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The restaurant upstairs is meant to be the bees knees.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    No, me neither. I don't think it could be any more fashionable at the moment