Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why Football Forums are evil

You have to laugh. 

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=153463

Glad no one from the Club every reads CL

Comments

• oh deary me.
  • DRFDRF
    edited August 2011

I remember a similar thing happening to us when Pards was in charge. Someone was giving away the team on a Friday and Pards furiously blasted fans in the post match press conference.

Whilst there can be an over reaction, fans should be aware of the implications of leaking things about their own team that could benifit the opposition.

• Dont remember it with Pardew but do remember the infamous Charlton Heights from Netaddicks.  God i loved his posts - full of team news - broke the Kiely & Todd punch ups. Remember an argument between him and M Collins i think about how it was hurting the club.  Or was it the Airman?  cant remember now.

He was a very naughty poster was that mervyn Day.

• Megson is such a dislikeable character. Obviously paranoid and as for Rochdale quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing the mesmerising skills of JJ and building all their preparation around this one star figure is laughable. Players get injured Mr. Megson. Pick another one.
  • Pretty hilarious... you'd think they would have bigger fish to fry than bemoan long-suffering fans clamouring for news about their beloved club
  • Risible reaction by Megson which will only lead to more leaks just to pi$$ him off.  The policy of giving out disingenuous information about injuries was and remains an Arsenal trait.  I think Wenger would only confirm a player 'had a mild knock' when he had already been declared dead.
  • To be fair there is a large section of extremely toxic fans at that club. A large proportion of them would rather hurl abuse at a player and force him out rather than give him a chance.

Sounds familiar actually.

I'm also quite shocked they are second favourites with most bookies to win the league, I would be extremely surprised if they finish in the top 2. 
  • they dont like megson do they!! well who does ;-)
  • Quote from their forum:
    'SWFC have been historically crap at communcating things to supporters.'

Oh dear - but then their not alone are they ?

• If I had a pound for every time I mentioned lack of communication on the old CAFC forum, I would be a rich man. Taking into account the obvious need for not giving away too much, the new owners have been very good. I am hoping that CP's low key words about Rasiak are hiding good news coming soon.