Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Redknapp tax evasion case?

Am I missing something or was it reported earlier that his case should be going on at the moment? Might mean that reporting restrictions are in place I suppose in which case ignore this. Hmm?

Comments

• Options
    I heard he used the cycle to work scheme and is facing the death penalty. Scum. Subhuman scum.
  • Options
    I heard he used the cycle to work scheme and is facing the death penalty. Scum. Subhuman scum.
    Quite right too, bloody cyclists deserve all they get ;-)
  • Options
    Good point, it was scheduled to kick off on July 18th.  I can't think why there would be reporting restrictions in place though. Other tax fraud cases haven't been held under reporting restrictions.
  • Options
    It got put back chaps, again.  He was due to be called thats why he didnt got to SA for the pre-season tour.  No reporting restrictions are in place as far as I know.

• Options

Can someone make a joke here. Bent/Wife/score - so much potential.

• Options
    brown paper bag
  • Options
    Do you know why or 'till when Johnboy?
  • Options
    Do you know why or 'till when Johnboy?
    No idea.  We were all expecting it to kick off last week but it didnt, especially with him not getting out to SA until the second game started.
  • Options
    I heard the case had already begun but that he hasn't had to testify yet.

Also heard the police are VERY confident of a conviction.
  • Options
    One word sums up 'Arry and his ethics .. Suker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just to clear that up, its actually HMRC taking Redknapp, Storie and Mandaric to court, not the old bill.
    Cant go into details on here for obvious reasons but it has been suggested that our Chairman has heard similar...

It just wouldnt be Tottenham without any drama behind the scenes, would it? lol.
  • Options

I've a feeling it could be bad news for Harry as well.

Any word on who is lined up should Harry be found guilty?

• Options

I've a feeling it could be bad news for Harry as well.

Any word on who is lined up should Harry be found guilty?

Ken Dodd ?
  • Options
    Who was the QC who got Jason Dodd off?  Guy won some ridiculous cases, even coached Bob Hoskins to do a cockney accent for one of his awful gangster clients.
  • Options
    He'll be alright.
    Year ends in one and all that!
  • Options
    This was posted up on one of the Spurs boards this morning.  Makes for interesting reading...

Who's been a naughty boy then?
  • Options
    There goes poor old Jamie's inheritance!
  • Options

well thats damning if proven ,  i think poor old arry is being tried without a hearing though, too much being leaked and he will get off

• Options
    I always like mentions of Amdy Faye's arrest.  Impersonating a footballer.
  • Options

Just to clear that up, its actually HMRC taking Redknapp, Storie and Mandaric to court, not the old bill.
    Cant go into details on here for obvious reasons but it has been suggested that our Chairman has heard similar...

It just wouldnt be Tottenham without any drama behind the scenes, would it? lol.
    So are the CPS involved or do HMRC prosecture their own cases? Do they have the power to give custodial sentences or can they only fine?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So are the CPS involved or do HMRC prosecture their own cases? Do they have the power to give custodial sentences or can they only fine?
    First I'd heard of CPS involvement until I read that article.  Presumably HMRC have to involve the CPS as the CPS ultimately decide what goes through the Criminal Courts.
  • Options
    Are there still charges hanging over Mandaric?  Could possibly screw Wednesday over if so.

HMRC must have known something fishy was going down as soon as they saw that pompey were paying £1.5m for Amdy Faye. Sounds like a money laundering scam to me..................................
  • Options

Best not to make any direct comment on the Redknapp case but all I would say is that this will be no means an isolated case.

I reckon the sort of stuff that's been going on in the Premiership in recents years would make even Cloughie blush.

• Options

Best not to make any direct comment on the Redknapp case but all I would say is that this will be no means an isolated case.

Say what you like fella. It's a free country.

• Options

Say what you like fella. It's a free country.

Allegedly
  • Options
    First I'd heard of CPS involvement until I read that article. 
    Presumably HMRC have to involve the CPS as the CPS ultimately decide
    what goes through the Criminal Courts.

The position is that the CPS has now taken over the prosecution
    functions that were formerly undertaken by HMRC.  The CPS doesn't handle
    all prosecutions in the country - but the vast majority of all the more
    serious ones.  As for the post asking about imprisonment or fine, on
    conviction that is a matter for the judge but for this offence both
    options are available.  In addition, if convicted, then depending on the number of counts and amounts involved, it is possible that the CPS might seek a Proceeds of Crime Order to forfeit any benefit.