Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Balotelli failed trick-shot

Comments

• Options
    It's a scream for me but still it's all a bit of a fuss over nothing
  • Options

Isn't this a complete misunderstanding? Balotelli hears the referee blow for an infringement - you can see him slow up - and then mucks about with the back-heel shot.

Mancini must not have heard/seen the referee blow up and thought he tried the trick whilst the play was live.

I think Mancini probably owes Balotelli a public apology.

This
  • Options
    Ormiston i've just watched your video and I can't hear anything but a girly scream. No whistle.

The noise in question is at 0.12 in the video, I am now thinking it sounds like a whistle again!

Oh well, now off to investigate other great miscarriages of justice in our times.....

Ormiston, if you find out how Dowie keeps getting a gig then PLEASE let us know!
    ;o)
  • Options
    Homework done Ormiston. There are three links in the thread. You just repeated the second one! Not being smart, just thought it was funny it took you ten seconds.

I'm with Off It. It sounds like a woman screaming. But I reckon Balotelli heard it as a whistle as his trick was too rubbish to be a real attempt to pirouette.
  • Options
    Just for clarification balloteli is in a huge helmet in the proportional discussion on who is the biggest cock

Danny mills wins the I am a hugmungous cock trophy

However on this situation I think someone expressing themselves on a football pitch is what you pay your money for, the fact it was a friendly makes it more excusable, I think he has been harshly treated
  • Options
    Homework done Ormiston. There are three links in the thread. You just repeated the second one! Not being smart, just thought it was funny it took you ten seconds.

I'm with Off It. It sounds like a woman screaming. But I reckon Balotelli heard it as a whistle as his trick was too rubbish to be a real attempt to pirouette.

Apologies if there are three links, I only saw two, the first one and the one I posted.

The original one in the first post is very misleading because it does not show the whole incident in proper context.

I am now past caring!

• Options
    Fooking hell! All this debate about a friendly involving two teams Charlton fans surely aren't bothered about - roll on the season start when we can start debating something meaningful to Charlton.
  • Options
    thats why its in the other football and sports section saga. funny that.
  • Options
    thats why its in the other football and sports section saga. funny that.
    Was I commenting on what section it was in? No, that's just you.
  • Options
    you seem strangely suprised by a major football news story being debated on a football website.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This site is just ram packed full of surprises for me. I didn't realise it was a major football news story, but I haven't been on Sky Sports for a couple of days. What the hell - even if it is what you say I still find it only of passing interest - I admit to being surprised at just how much debate it has caused on Charlton Life (whatever the feck section it is posted under).
  • Options
    fair do's mate.
  • Options
    Well I never, it IS top story on the BBC website in their Premiership news section! 

That's just me then - I don't spend a lot of time looking at Premiership news stories these days.
  • Options
    If it's any consolation Saga, I stopped looking at Premiership news immediately after we got relegated. In some ways I quite look forward to the first Match of the Day of the season so I can find out who's gone where!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Sounds like a steam whistle - there weren't anu heritage steam trains near the ground were there?

I'm not quite sure what Balotelli is doing, but I'm 99% sure he's not trying to score. All looks a big mis-understanding and a strom in a tea cup to me. No idea why the commentaors are getting their knickers in such a twist.

Oh and whoever it was sad Balotelli is shit, you're wrong. He'll need nurturing but he has potential to be one of the best in the world - he's 6'3", fast, strong, skilfull and only 20 years old. If he'd come out of our academy we wouldn't be able to believe it.
  • Options
    What's all the fuss about.A 'try hard' Lisbie effort would have been worse.
  • Options

don't see what all the fuss is about, he clearly thinks he's heard a whistle, it wasn't even an effort

• Options

Isn't this a complete misunderstanding? Balotelli hears the referee blow for an infringement - you can see him slow up - and then mucks about with the back-heel shot.

Mancini must not have heard/seen the referee blow up and thought he tried the trick whilst the play was live.

I think Mancini probably owes Balotelli a public apology.

This
    Totally agree. Bally has become a McCormack/Mooney figure for the press, a whipping boy, an easy target for bullshit stories. Last evening Radio5 Live devoted almost a 1/2 hour to this non story. Balotelli's a big tough and skilful black dude with a funny haircut and a bit of attitude about him. Good luck to him. He will become a major player given the right management. It's interesting though how Mancini handles this. He may think that Bally is already in the last chance lounge. How many clubs are going to take a chance and pay a 21 year old with a lot of previous 5, 8, 20 million a year or whatever. Equally, Balotelli is not a fool and he must realise that he has to buckle down a bit and let his football 'do the talking'. Mancini might be using every excuse to humiliate and attempt to tame Bally, even when it is not totally justified. Balotelli probably has nowhere else to go. I suspect that he will reach a compromise with Mancini and that the premier league will have a major, major talent on display for quiite a few interesting seasons. 
  • Options
    The guy is a legend, football is about entertainment and that's what he brings me so I'm not complaining!
    Agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Insane
  • Options
    Washington would have missed that
  • Options
    Like watching Jerome Thomas all over again…well apart from the last bit 😉
  • Options
    There's some good stories about him on his Wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Balotelli#Personality_and_public_image

Balotelli was the subject of numerous newspaper stories after joining Manchester City, some based in fact, others the subject of rumour and speculation. Within days of joining Manchester City, Balotelli was involved in a car crash.[256] It was reported Balotelli was carrying £5,000 cash at the time, and that when a police officer asked why he had such a large sum of cash, Balotelli replied, "Because I am rich."[257] Off-field activities involving Balotelli have included driving into a women's prison in Italy to "have a look round",[258] and throwing darts at a youth team player during a training ground "prank"[259] – all of which have been confirmed to be true. Balotelli was also subjected to tabloid rumours about him confronting a bully in a school after querying why a young Manchester City fan was not attending classes, and giving £1,000 to a homeless man on the streets of Manchester. Both of these reports turned out to be false.[260][261]

I could write a book of 200 pages of my two years at Inter with Mario, but the book would not be a drama – it would be a comedy. I remember one time when we went to play Kazan in the [2009–10] Champions League. In that match I had all my strikers injured... I was really in trouble and Mario was the only one. Mario got a yellow card in the 42nd [20th][246] minute, so when I got to the dressing room at half-time I spend about 14 minutes of the 15 available speaking only to Mario. I said to him: 'Mario, I cannot change you, I have no strikers on the bench, so don't touch anybody and play only with the ball. If we lose the ball no reaction. If someone provokes you, no reaction, if the referee makes a mistake, no reaction.' The 46th [60th][246] minute – red card!

—Mourinho recalls Balotelli's dismissal in October 2012[247]

• Options
    Classic.

Currently plying his trade in Turkey with Adana Demirspor. In the same side as ... former Addick Erhun Oztumer. 

Mario scored five goals today in a 7-0 win. Oztumer got one too.

• Options
    Hilarious...he's the gift that keeps giving!
  • Options
    edited May 2022

• Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Yep that was indeed the same video from a different tweeter that bumped the thread.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Hilarious...he's the gift that keeps giving!
    Best kind of wacky.