Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour De France (Drugs thread)

I know a lot of people like to drone on about this so I have created special thread for it.

(Just to be clear this is a semi serious point about how every year the genuine threads about the Tour get side tracked and spoiled by people who dislike cycling and take every opportunity to bang on about the drugs issue.)

Comments

• Options
    and ?
  • Options
    They're ALL on drugs FFS. Every one of them.
  • Options
    They must be on drugs. Why else would you want to ride a bike all that way when you could drive and get there much quicker?
  • Options

Lol, this must win the stupidest thread of the year compitition.

To start a thread about a topic and then add no substance to it, not all proffessional cyclists are on drugs and trust me it is only a matter of time before football gets looked at a bit more closely. 

• Options
    In 1886 an English cyclist is reputed to have died after drinking a blend of cocaine, caffeine and strychnine on a race from Bordeaux to Paris.
    Brilliant.
    And it wasnt illegal then either.
  • Options

To start a thread about a topic and then add no substance to it, not all proffessional cyclists are on drugs and trust me it is only a matter of time before football gets looked at a bit more closely. 

We have the topic and the substance. It just happens that the substance is illegal.
  • Options
    Operation Puerto, Operation Galgo, Oil for Drugs.... yet a Juventus doctor get's 22 months for administering perfomance enhancers to Juve players in the 90's.  No top footballers banned for 'serious' use of performance enhancers; as in the usual excuses around nandrolone and diuretics being mitigated by pathetic I didn't know defence, it was in my supplement.  I doubt if Uefa and Fifa even tested for EPO until years after the Olympics and cycling, and I doubt they ever keep pace with new forms.

Anyway I'm off to eat my sweets laced with cocaine.  Just a bit of  a PEP you understand.

• Options

It was meant to be a joke. I started it at the same time as I started the thread about how much I have enjoyed this year's Tour. In previous years on threads about the Tour the threads would be dominated by people who have no interest in the Tour or cycling but would bang on about the drugs issue. So, in a semi joke kind of way I thought I would create a separate thread for those people who dislike cycling because of the drugs and a thread for those who genuinely want to discuss this years Tour.

I have no interest in cricket. I never look at those cricket threads. I am aware that over recent years there has been a lot of reports about betting scandals in cricket. But I would not dream of opening the cricket thread and posing the question 'when was the last time a Test match was not decided by an Asian betting syndicate?'

• Options

It was meant to be a joke. I started it at the same time as I started the thread about how much I have enjoyed this year's Tour. In previous years on threads about the Tour the threads would be dominated by people who have no interest in the Tour or cycling but would bang on about the drugs issue. So, in a semi joke kind of way I thought I would create a separate thread for those people who dislike cycling because of the drugs and a thread for those who genuinely want to discuss this years Tour.

I have no interest in cricket. I never look at those cricket threads. I am aware that over recent years there has been a lot of reports about betting scandals in cricket. But I would not dream of opening the cricket thread and posing the question 'when was the last time a Test match was not decided by an Asian betting syndicate?'

Lol, well thats all right then, maybe a smiley would have given us a clue though, sorry I jumped down your throat.

Good to see a fellow pro cycling lover on here, as you can see it gets me going when all cyclists are accused of being on drugs, I bet there are more footballers using performace enhancing substances than cyclists because the random testing is so much harder in cycling, note Colin Tats comments above. 

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Lol, well thats all right then, maybe a smiley would have given us a clue though, sorry I jumped down your throat.
    Maybe it was not as clear as I thought. I have amended the opening post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TT
    edited July 2011

You can tell the bloke on drugs he's wearing the yellow shirt...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Seriously I don't care, it's as much about the team behind the riders as it is the riders. Its a fantastic spectacle. They should just legalise the drugs.

• Options
    They should just legalise the drugs.
    This