Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roger Daltrey tickets for sale

2»

Comments

• Famous story about Towser getting some artificial Herons and placing them around one of the lakes when he was staying at Rogers place. 
    He was at war with the local Heron population who were feasting on the young trout in his breeding lakes to the point that he had become obsessed with their presence and on a daily basis spent considerable time watching out for them.
    Roger had a good view of the lakes from his house and early one morning was looking through his binoculars/telescope at the lakes only to spot this unusual number of Herons.
    He made straight for his shotgun and stalked his way down nearer to the lakes and started blasting away at the a bastards.
    When he realised they were artificial he was incandescent with rage.......Whereupon the guilty Towser exited stage left at a rate of knots, no doubt in hysterics on the drive home!
    Took a good while for the dust to settle by all accounts.
    It's impossible to see the trout lakes from his house.
  • Well I can remember seeing his house from down by the lakes.
    They could have been smaller breeding ponds though, many years since I have been there.
  • edited March 2021
    Well I can remember seeing his house from down by the lakes.
    They could have been smaller breeding ponds though, many years since I have been there.
    If the trees are not in leaf you can glimpse the house from Lake 1 and on the track down to Lake 2 but it is not visible from Lake 2 itself nor  from Lakes 3 and 4. As for seeing the lakes from the house, you can glimpse the roof of the lodge on the bank above Lake 1 from the upper storey. The only way you would be able to see the water of Lake 1 from the house is if you stood on the very top of one of the high chimney stacks.
  • nothing to do with the thread heading ((:>)

Ol Rog has been refused an alcohol licence for his trout fishing 'venue' .. local residents and old bill objected on the grounds of his previous membership of the notorious band The Who and the fear that his venue might attract the wrong sort into the area  :s
    This is not true. The hearing for the alcohol licence was held yesterday. A decision will be made in five days - probably next week because of the Easter weekend. The police withdrew their objection before the hearing, as did a number of the local residents who had objected.
  • I used to love a little pub nearby......I think it was called The Kicking Donkey?
    I had heard its been shut down.........that’s a shame.
  • Nadou said:
    nothing to do with the thread heading ((:>)

Ol Rog has been refused an alcohol licence for his trout fishing 'venue' .. local residents and old bill objected on the grounds of his previous membership of the notorious band The Who and the fear that his venue might attract the wrong sort into the area  :s
    This is not true. The hearing for the alcohol licence was held yesterday. A decision will be made in five days - probably next week because of the Easter weekend. The police withdrew their objection before the hearing, as did a number of the local residents who had objected.
    it was true at the time I read it in the paper
  • I used to love a little pub nearby......I think it was called The Kicking Donkey?
    I had heard its been shut down.........that’s a shame.
    Was converted to two cottages over ten years ago.
  • I realised that I had one of the tickets available that was offered by the OP in this thread. Ended up gong with @Stu_of_Kunming mum! Can't beleive it was nearly 10 years ago. My wife had bought me a meet & greet with RD for the Thursday show, a very memorable night.
  • I realised that I had one of the tickets available that was offered by the OP in this thread. Ended up gong with @Stu_of_Kunming mum! Can't beleive it was nearly 10 years ago. My wife had bought me a meet & greet with RD for the Thursday show, a very memorable night.
    How do these things work? Is it a huge line of people similar to the queen or is there a green room where you all hang out post gig? 
  • PopIcon said:
    I realised that I had one of the tickets available that was offered by the OP in this thread. Ended up gong with @Stu_of_Kunming mum! Can't beleive it was nearly 10 years ago. My wife had bought me a meet & greet with RD for the Thursday show, a very memorable night.
    How do these things work? Is it a huge line of people similar to the queen or is there a green room where you all hang out post gig? 
    I've only ever done a couple (this one and Pete Townshend at the Royal Albert Hall). There was a queue but the numbers were limited so wasn't waiting around for ages. You get to have a brief chat, signed item and have a photo taken that they email to you afterwards. They're not cheap and on the 2 I did, you weren't allowed to ask for other items to be signed or take your own selfie but you did get premium seats included (1st & 2nd rows).

• Sponsored links:

• The alcohol licence was granted. So, from June onwards, they will be serving their own locally brewed Lakedown beers to anglers and any visitors who want to sit by the tranquil lakes for a drink.