Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iPad 2

edited July 2011 in Not Sports Related
Anyone got one? Not sure about getting one or not. Are they any good?

I already have an iPhone 4 so not sure if its worth it.

Comments

• Options
    Got an IPad 2 and an IPhone 4!! Probably don't need to have both! Depends what you want it for. Great for a mobile television and dicking around on line! watching Sky sports anywhere that gas Wi- Fi is sweet.
  • Options
    Cheers mate I am still tempted though. Could just stick with the lap top!
  • Options
    They are great if you havent already got a home PC/Mac
  • Options

I looked into getting one, I was in the Apple Store with wallet out ready to pay and then I changed my mind. What put me off was the lack of Flash which means no Charlton Player and no web flash content (like on BBC website).

Decided to wait for the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (out in August) - the reviews look really good.

• Options
    Yes I did see that. I also heard that the new Samsung 10.1 would cost closer to £800. Will wait and see
  • Options
    Got one and love it. Previously had and still got iPhone 3GS which I now hardly use apart from calls and texts. Great media device but if you need to do serious work I think you will still need a laptop. Processor works very fast on Wi Fi and 3G. No flash player which is an irritation.
  • Options

Just had a read up on the flash vs Apple and this link is quite informative. Looks like flash will never arrive on apple

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

• Options
    I bought a iPad 2 on launch day.  Got a 32gb version with 3G.

Its a great bit of kit.  Its definitely not a laptop replacement though.  My laptop died 3 weeks ago and I've been lost without it but the iPad has filled the gap to an extent.  Very good for the commute into work, the sofa, days out when you're sitting in the park with the kids and you want to watch the test match on Sky, etc.

As for the arguments about flash, ok, its hasnt got flash but there are downloadable browsers which work with flash-enabled websites.  One off the top of my head is vBrowse.  Its free, havent tested it yet mind you.  There are a couple of others out that I've been told about too.  Anyhow, with the evolution of HTML 5, will flash be used as much?  Maybe, maybe not.  As for the BBC, most of the flash video content is shown on the BBC news app if you look hard enough for it.
  • Options
    RIP Johnboys laptop
  • Options
    RIP Johnboys laptop
    lol thanks.  I've been grieving ever since.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I downloaded the iSwifter app and that appears to work on cafc player. You can download it for free and see if it works on the sites you want to use and then buy the full app later.
  • Options
    Thought about getting one for a while, then took the plunge a few weeks ago and am glad we did.

Can't say it is essential, but it is a great piece of equipment - and very quick to load apps and websites etc.