Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plumber required - Peckham (Old Kent Road)

edited July 2011 in Not Sports Related
A friend of mine (lovely German girl, but don't hold that against her!) is looking for a plumber to fit a dishwasher.
It'll be next to the sink so all the pipework should, in theory, be readily available. An existing cupboard will need to be removed.

Any recommendations? Any Lifers interested in this?

Comments

• Options
    My son  said he could be persuaded, he is a qualified plumber, is it next to a waste and does she have the fittings........
  • Options

I called a plumber round once to fit my dishwasher - he told me it'd be a days work at £25/hour. I thought that was a bit steep so I had a go at doing it myself - it took me no more than a couple of hours including a couple of trips to my local plumbing supplies shop. 

The guy in the shop gave me some advice on what I needed, and even though the dishwasher was on the opposite side of the kitchen to the sink, and i had to change the waste pipes on the underneath of my sink because I had two sinks and a washing machine emptying into it, the whole job was REALLY REALLY easy. Tell your friend to consider at doing it herself....

• Options

I called a plumber round once to fit my dishwasher - he told me it'd be a days work at £25/hour. I thought that was a bit steep so I had a go at doing it myself - it took me no more than a couple of hours including a couple of trips to my local plumbing supplies shop. 

The guy in the shop gave me some advice on what I needed, and even though the dishwasher was on the opposite side of the kitchen to the sink, and i had to change the waste pipes on the underneath of my sink because I had two sinks and a washing machine emptying into it, the whole job was REALLY REALLY easy. Tell your friend to consider at doing it herself....

Indeed it is but might not be the best job to start with if she's not handy with the tools. Modern fittings especially are making jobs like this a lot easier, however, and not being sexist, but dishwashers are actually quite heavy to lump about. If the supply and waste pipes are readily available this shouldn't take more than a couple of hours max for decent plumber.

Get around there and give her a hand with her plumbing F-Blocker!

• Options
    I'd have a go in my own place, but not in someone else's.

Ken - I'd expect the waste to be there because of the sink. I'll whisper her contact details for your son.

Cheers.
  • Options
    SINK