Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welsh Football. RIP

Wales could face a nightmare World Cup qualifying draw because the Faroe Islands seem to have overtaken them.

The 30 July draw in Rio de Janeiro will be based on Fifa's rankings system, calculated by a complex formula.

Wales are tied with the Faroes on 273 points - with one of those teams set to join the likes of Andorra in pot six.

And the Faroe Islands are lobbying Fifa to include decimal
points in their calculations - something which would see them leapfrog
Wales into pot five.

Comments

• I find it laughable that they want their independance yet all their big teams play in england. The rest at no more than very poor non-league.

Think they've had their cake and eaten it for long enough now.

If you're truly independant as a footballing nation then take your Cardiff/swansea/Wrexham and go play in your sheep-loving league. If not, hand over Gareth Bale and whoever else we deem good enough to wear an England shirt.
  • I find it laughable that they want their independance yet all their big teams play in england. The rest at no more than very poor non-league.

If you're truly independant as a footballing nation then take your Cardiff/swansea/Wrexham and go play in your sheep-loving league. If not, hand over Gareth Bale and whoever else we deem good enough to wear an England shirt.
    English teams play in the Scottish league ?

Did you pick all that up from the Daily Mail or did you arrive at some of those sweeping statements by yourself?

Having lived in Wales for ten years I don't know anybody here who wants to be independent from England.

I also don't know anyone who is 'into' sheep but I do find the tone of your comments offensive, so wind it in.

Did you pick all that up from the Daily Mail or did you arrive at some of those sweeping statements by yourself?

Having lived in Wales for ten years I don't know anybody here who wants to be independent from England.

I also don't know anyone who is 'into' sheep but I do find the tone of your comments offensive, so wind it in.

Isn't he meaning independent football association rather than national political independence? Because of the former The British Olyimpic football team will have no possibility of a welsh representative
  • edited July 2011

Who knows but regardless, 'hand over Gareth Bale and whoever else we deem good enough to wear an England shirt' isn't referring to the Olympic team and shows huge arrogance IMO

• baaaaaaaaaaa
  • Who knows but regardless, 'hand over Gareth Bale and whoever else we deem good enough to wear an England shirt' isn't referring to the Olympic team and shows huge arrogance IMO

It was a ridicuously ill advised, ignorant post.
  • baaaaaaaaaaa
    Hilarious
  • baaaaaaaaaaa
    humbug?
    No, wrong time of year for that surely.