Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beckham scores direct from a corner

He's still got it. Hopefully our very own "David Beckham of League 1", Danny Green, will study this and make it our secret weapon next season! 

Comments

• Thought it would be one that flew into the far top corner or something special - that's just bad defending !
  • Haha, true Talal...
  • A good corner and well taken...but, the goalkeeping and near post defending?...I'd like to think even a poor team would have kept that out and quite easily.
  • edited July 2011
    The dummy run across the near post by the LA player was significant, completely distracted the defence and blocked the keeper's vision.

And the fact that Beckham flighted the ball at less than chest height, made it very difficult to head or clear

So more of a well rehearsed set piece, rather than just bad defending IMO.
  • Watched this game last night.  You'll notice that the #5 in red marking the Galaxy's #9 is the elusive Cory Gibbs.
  • Fluke. Was basically a poor corner that 999 times out of a 1000 wouldn't have beaten the frst man.
  • Given the number of corners wasted by schoolboys who try to emulate this once in a blue moon trick; it really isn't something that should be encouraged.
  • There's a piece on The Fire's website about the dominant defence of Gibbs and his teammate, definitely a player who had the ability, but never got a chance to prove it
  • Yeah, rubbish. I bet some on here regularly score from corners. They're the real stars of the game.
  • "That was really bad gaming play from the dee-fence and the goaltenders positioning was asbysmal.........We're gonna take a time out for these words from our sponsors...................."
  • Sponsored links:

• Definatly the Offensive set play of the day sponsored by Pirates of the Caribbean 4.

• The question is, is the defending better or worse than in the lady football game?
  • Yeah, rubbish. I bet some on here regularly score from corners. They're the real stars of the game.
    Bit childish, no one is saying Beckham isn't a star of the game just that it was fortunate to go in
  • Childish?

The fella delivered the ball exactly where he was supposed to deliver it. Did he mean for it to go in? Almost certainly not. But you can't take anything away from the delivery.

Blimey, you could look at more or less any goal scored and analyse it as to where it should've been stopped.
  • Well you kind of made my point with the second sentence, tons of corners get delivered like that and are just headed away by the first man. Decent delivery, very fortunate with the outcome
  • Great cross.

MLS is becoming a really good league, was watching Portland v Seattle last night, the football was great, and the atmosphere rivalled anything in Europe

• And I said childish because obviously no one thinks they can do better than Beckham, so why say that?

Sadly I'm no better than McCormack either but I can still comment/criticise if i feel like it :)

• Beckham scores from a corner.....who cares?
  • Both goals as a result of poor defending/goalkeeping though Rothko.
  • Sponsored links:

• Decent delivery from Beckham, but pretty terrible defending.

If we let that one in there would be hell to pay, that's for sure.

• That Vancouver goal is far more impressive, great finish.
  • That Vancouver goal is far more impressive, great finish.
    Reminds me of a Torres goal from a couple of seasons back. Cracking strike