Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Morrison

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
Supposed to be signing in the next couple of days according to a reliable source.

23 year old Sheffield Wednesday centre back, worked with Powell at Leicester.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Morrison_(footballer)

Comments

• Options
    Sheff Wednesday fans would be happy
  • Options
    He's very good in Glee, though I'm always dubious of guys that love show tunes.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Played about 12 games for them in a struggling side. Looking at their forum the other day they have 4 more centre backs so don't need them all.

I'd rather know what Leicester fans think of him. Won League 1 with them making over 30 starts when he was 20/21 and then made 30 starts again the season after in the Championship.

Got to be a decent player in there, and another young player who should improve.

I do wonder if Morrison and Taylor were our second choices after Osborne and Magnus O? If Doherty and Dailly stay that'll be 4 centre backs.
  • Options
    I wish I didn't know that is actually Matthew!
  • Options
    Strange how little this signing excites me, it could be because we have been spoilt this summer and so a fringe player from Wednesday does not feel the same calibre.  Yet I would not be surpised if M n M turns out to be the most effective of the lot
  • Options
    He can also play at right back as well, fee would be around £275k.
  • Options
    If he does sign, he'll be playing for a manager who he knows well.
    Powell would also have played alongside him at Leicester, as well as coaching him.

No doubt Morrison falls into the "hungry, desperate to establish himself" category.
  • Options

Played about 12 games for them in a struggling side. Looking at their forum the other day they have 4 more centre backs so don't need them all. I'd rather know what Leicester fans think of him. Won League 1 with them making over 30 starts when he was 20/21 and then made 30 starts again the season after in the Championship. Got to be a decent player in there, and another young player who should improve. I do wonder if Morrison and Taylor were our second choices after Osborne and Magnus O? If Doherty and Dailly stay that'll be 4 centre backs.

they will not be happy Sheff weds we seem to be beating them to some players --and to take a one as well - they r in for semedo

• Options
    Wednesday fans seem to really not rate him
  • Options
    "Return of the Mack"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    would prefer Alan Asda personally.
  • Options
    I really would not be surprised to find he is a classy defender and not a thug, when you are up against it you really need the thug style to help dig in and Megson does love the up and at them style of player, he does not do sophistication at all
  • Options

Wednesday shipped alot of goals after he joined them. Was he playing at right back or centre half for them?

• Options
    Agree with this, I think even Leroy Lidl would be a better bet than Morrison, although ideally we'll push the boat out and go for Winston Waitrose.
  • Options
    Terry Tesco is available and I hear CP has enough Clubcard points to get him on a free
  • Options
    The Wednesday season ticket holder at work rates Morrison, thinks he's not been given a chance by Megson, got Leicester fan here, who also thinks Morrison is a good defender, and will be excellent in League 1 for us.
  • Options

Guys, I have posted on the Leicester fans board to get a more measured evaluation of him, stressing the need for a League 1 status context to be placed on all their answers.

Lets see what we get back.

As with our players last year, the SWFC fans will be clouded by watching a struggling team, and by the fact he only joined in Jan and played 12 games.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=74330

• Options
    From reading Wednesday fans say about him he hasn't performed but they don't think he's a completely lost cause
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    He won league one with Leicester and impressed in the Championship. This was all a couple seasons back baring in mind he's only 23.
  • Options

How about Sebastian Sainsbury :-O
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Mark Sand-Spencer would be a great signing. He's not just any centre-back.......
  • Options
    Is Alessandro Costcutter available?!
  • Options
    Andy Aldi is an up and coming prospect?
  • Options
    Tore-Andre Netto.

He's Scandanavian for value.
  • Options
    I heard we were after c.o. operaptive
  • Options
    Juan Stop is the guy to go for
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Personally I hope we're looking at Juan Stop

Edit: beaten to it by a few seconds
  • Options
    Andy Aldi is an up and coming prospect?
    Yeah but he's full of shit.
  • Options
    Larry Londis is local......
  • Options
    Larry Londis is local......
    Too small

Mickey Macro or Billy Bookers would be bigger and give us the physical presence we need.  And their cheap.