Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley Wright Phillips

Is now the time to work on a contract extension for BWP? Unless i've had a nightmare and he has more than 12 months to run on his current deal.

Comments

• Options
    nope no nightmare unfortunately
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if this is not in hand.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Is now the time to work on a contract extension for BWP? Unless i've had a nightmare and he has more than 12 months to run on his current deal.
    Yep i thought that the other day, up his contract to 2 years rather than leaving it till christmas?
  • Options
    suddenly he is left holding all the cards

well is he has an amazing season - scores loads - we go up and he wants to go on a bosman then so be it

hope he signs up for a fair few years yet though
  • Options
    Might depend on his dodgy knee. We don't want another Youga on our hands.
  • Options
    get him tied down now. before he becomes even better.
  • Options

Our best player by several miles last season.

To score as many goals as he did with zero service was little less than miraculous.

Cant believe that some cretins still give him stick becuase he does'nt spend his entire time sprinting around like a headless chicken.

I would leave if I was him and go somewhere where they appreciated football class.

• Options

Quite contrary to your comment Grumpy, but I actually think that apart from the goals he doesnt offer an awful lot at all. He definitely needs someone playing up alongside him, I got a feeling him with either Hayes or Benno could be formidable as they are both clever players with the ball at their feet!

Im not saying he is rubbish, that would be ridiculous but I also wouldnt agree that he was our best player by miles last season!

• Options

Quite contrary to your comment Grumpy, but I actually think that apart from the goals he doesnt offer an awful lot at all. He definitely needs someone playing up alongside him, I got a feeling him with either Hayes or Benno could be formidable as they are both clever players with the ball at their feet!

Im not saying he is rubbish, that would be ridiculous but I also wouldnt agree that he was our best player by miles last season!

If he scores on a regular basis which he does then as a striker he is doing his job. Front men who work hard and "do a job for the team" are hardly ever as prolific as the true natural striker like BWP. I imagine Hayes might offer more but score less. Natural finishers are as said on another thread are like rocking horse shit. We have one and need to keep him.
  • Options
    Always something for people to worry about, isn't there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep I totally agree, Im not saying we shouldnt keep him. Far from it, hes the closest thing to Darren Bent we will probably ever get! I just dont think he was our best player last season, fair play to him though he does have a knack of popping up out of knowhere and bagging crucial goals!!
  • Options
    A strikers job is to score goals so if he does that then in my eyes he is doing his job and with a midfield that we now have I believe he is gonna score loads this season that's why I've invested 50 of my hard earned pounds on him being top scorer in league 1.
  • Options
    A strikers job is to score goals so if he does that then in my eyes he is doing his job and with a midfield that we now have I believe he is gonna score loads this season that's why I've invested 50 of my hard earned pounds on him being top scorer in league 1.
    What odds did you get him at smiffyboy?