Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Back the Players

edited June 2011 in General Charlton
Large quite rightly started a "Back the Board" thread.

Now as well as doing our bit to increase season ticket sales, our role as supporters will be vital in helping all these new players settle in.

Patience is key.

North Upper need to be roaring.

The players need US behind them, they are good players, we need to be great supporters.

Comments

• Options
    Hear hear
  • Options

Definitely, Mac.

No scapegoats please !

• Options

Definitely, Mac.

No scapegoats please !

McCormack? ;-)
  • Options

Definitely, Mac.

No scapegoats please !

No scapegoats? And you call yourself a charlton fan? Shame on you! ;)
  • Options
    We all want a great opening day performance but we need to understand that a new team might need a bit of time to gel - we need to get behind the team whatever for the first few games and if we do get off to a stomer all the better. But Norwich losing 7-1 and starting slowly then walking the league shows that if you have the right palyers things will come good.
  • Options

Definitely, Mac.

No scapegoats please !

No scapegoats? And you call yourself a charlton fan? Shame on you! ;)
    Sorry - just got too carried away.
  • Options

Totally understandable Fanny. I'm still going to pin all our woes on McCormack anyway, even if he doesn't play. That way it won't have an adverse effect on the actual team. Win-win situation.

• Options
    Can we democratically elect at least one scapegoat please
  • Options
    Can we democratically elect at least one scapegoat please
    Francis and McCormack did a good job last year. I'd put my money on one of them.
  • Options
    Until they win 10 on the spin they are all sh*te as far as I'm concerned. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My real name is Richard (Dick for short) Shittibollox

It is my intention to sponsor a kit for the new season

I would love to see the following in the programme

Certain player (let call him for arguments sake McOxo) and a caption under his name with the words "Dick Shittibollox"

I just need to save up and I can live the dream
  • Options
    I really hope McCormack does not read Charlton Life.  
  • Options
    I hope he does!
  • Options
    In all my time i've never really been anti certain players , but this one ... yes , i'm sure he's a decent person , a little misguided perhaps , but my judgement is clouded after the Oxo incident.
  • Options
    I hope he does!
    I dont think he needs us to tell him how shite he was last season. ( He actually looked a good player on his debut)  Anyway i don't think he will be at the club come the start of the season.
  • Options
    On loan to Welling perhaps?
  • Options
    McCormack's downfall could be watched via Sky coverage. He looked a decent player for a few games. Against Orient away he looked like a battler with a touch of class. Got a decent goal, took a ball to the face throwing himself in front of a goalbound shot and worked the whole game. He dropped off after that and his lowest point was surely Swindon at home where he was absolutely terrible, and the Oxo incident followed directly after that. You never know, if he shows the attitude he showed early on he could keep Alonso, Hollands and Stephens out of the team. I'm not holding my breath though..
  • Options
    Anyone offended by the freak show that is twitter mcoxo incident really needs to get a life (I say that as someone who needs to get a non charlton life) yes the fellow may be pony but should he go into a suicidal depression and stop living after every mare of a game , perlease if you're that sad you want to know what these goons are doing by following them on twitter accept that they won't be fasting for 40 days if things go wrong
    And as for that fella being in vegas when he should have been signing for us he"s taking the piss we're paying a fortune for him and he's on the lash in vegas in these hard times shoving it down our face that he's a pro footballer paaaaah freak show
  • Options
    Anyone offended by the freak show that is twitter mcoxo incident really needs to get a life (I say that as someone who needs to get a non charlton life) yes the fellow may be pony but should he go into a suicidal depression and stop living after every mare of a game , perlease if you're that sad you want to know what these goons are doing by following them on twitter accept that they won't be fasting for 40 days if things go wrong And as for that fella being in vegas when he should have been signing for us he"s taking the piss we're paying a fortune for him and he's on the lash in vegas in these hard times shoving it down our face that he's a pro footballer paaaaah freak show

Agree.

There will be a new scapegoat.  Most likely whoever's shirt is sponsored by Charlton Life : - )