Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So how much do we have?

Just curious if anyone knows roughly how much Powell has got to spend this Summer? Not counting money from the Jenkinson deal.

Comments

• Reckon only Slater and JIminez know that.
  • edited June 2011

Who cares ? From being slightly (very) pessimistic about the new season, I/we can't dispute that the board have backed the manager & as a group have secured the signings of players that looked at one point to have been slipping out of our grasp. Now lets get the CBs sorted 
  • jeez sorry, was asking to see how much we had left for said CB's.
  • reckon SHG is right although Kavanagh, Varney, Murray and Powell would have an idea too.

Powell said in May "less than" £4m.   Some think that was a smokescreen.  We don't know if that included any Jenkinson money or if that has changed since but.....

If the average wage is 2k pw or £100k a year (the like of Pope, Warran, Mambo and Pritchard might be on less, Alonso, Hayes and Stephens on more and we have 26 players currently then that is £2.6m on wages already allocated.

We have paid fees for Green and Stephens.  Guesses/Rumours are around £300k each.  My guestimate is that we are paying those over the time of the three year contracts so £100k each payable this season = £200k

That makes £2.8m spent so far.

So if we guess (and this is all guessing) that the budget is £3.5m Powell has £700k left to spend but that includes their wages (£150k pa each).    
  • edited June 2011
    £725,345.39p left for signings
    £322,867.05p left for annual salaries

Imo of course

Edit:similar to what HI reckons
  • So by your reckoning another 3 players then, OohAah?

Plus a couple of season long loans.
  • We also had extra money from our cup run.  Does anyone know how much that would add to our spending power?
  • Fourpence?
  • We also had extra money from our cup run.  Does anyone know how much that would add to our spending power?
    I think that will already have been spent or be included in the budget Powell already has.
  • To answer the original question, I don't think anyone on here really knows, but we are free to speculate.

Another question (done to death) is: "who are the owners?"!
  • Sponsored links:

• £78,000 I heard from somewhere?
  • I reckon we have enough left to pay the milk bill and have a few more ball boys.
  • Well Rochdale have just unveiled Sanchez from Udinese for £55m, so I think we've got a way to go yet.
  • a manager hasn't been backed by the board to this degree (relative to league position) since Sir Iain Dowie was appointed, let's hope it works out a little bit better this time!!!
  • are there any players we have sold in the last few years who eyeing moves and thus some small sell of fees? magid maybe bailey? any others anyone can think of, look at watford and what they got for ashley young tidy little sum to add a few new faces.

• Serges Deble, if he gets a work permit this summer, is worth a few bob.
  • I reckon we have enough left to pay the milk bill and have a few more ball boys.
    lucky that we don't need more ball boys - no multi ball this season
  • @salad i think Pards was backed quite alot whilst here.
  • @salad i think Pards was backed quite alot whilst here.
    not anything like the same degree - not wishing to sound like an apologist for him but he was forced to sell our two best players - Reid and Bougherra - a policy which has continued until now.