Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Contract extensions

edited June 2011 in General Charlton
It may have absolute no connection at all, but just looking at the Charlton site regarding the listed players currently at the club and on the list is the name of the new players recently signed along with the likes of Kyel Reid and Miguel Llera who are out of contract. However, the players that have definitely left, for example Anyinsah are gone from the list along with the likes of Racon. Anyone think there's anything to read into about that?

Comments

• Options
    Both Reid and Llera will still be in contract until 30/06 and then are free to walk or re sign if we have offered them a deal.
  • Options
    Yeah it was just that he players that have ben confirmed as leaving are no longer on that list.
  • Options
    Yeah it was just that he players that have ben confirmed as leaving are no longer on that list.

The only confirmation that Anyinsah has gone came via his own twitter feed. Club have made no comment.
  • Options
    I'm not sure that club controls the list of players - it may be done centrally, as the statistics are, which is why the website gives different goals tallies for several players last season to the programme.
  • Options

Does that mean the rule 'once it's on the OS' no longer pplies?

• Options
    will the club announce/confirm all the players being released tomorrow (as its the start of the transfer window)?
  • Options
    Would like to see a change of heart with Anyinsah - surely deserves a chance to show he can be more resiliant.
  • Options
    Would like to see a change of heart with Anyinsah - surely deserves a chance to show he can be more resiliant.

No Thanks. Cant show he's resiliant when he's always injured.
  • Options

Have to agree with this and would also say Fortune should not be considered for a deal either.
  • Options

Have to agree with this and would also say Fortune should not be considered for a deal either.
    Seconded - we cannot afford to tie up the backroom medics and guys with those - life's tough - I prefer those guys spending time into getting those who are in the team fitter and sharper and as one wise business guy stated Time = Money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But what if with a decent pre season he isn't so injury prone- I thought he was very effective when he played and maybe worth the risk as I'm sure wages are not excessive.
  • Options
    But what if with a decent pre season he isn't so injury prone- I thought he was very effective when he played and maybe worth the risk as I'm sure wages are not excessive.

Unfortunately their history goes against them and I just don't think we'll take the risk.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The only way I'd keep Anyinsah on is on some sort of pay as you play deal. Agreed we looked a better side with him in the team but ultimately, did he ever play more than 3-4 games in a row? No. That is no good to us.
  • Options
    I really liked Joe , when he played , if it was my money , which in a small around about way it is , i would not want to be lashing it up the wall on him , given his track record.
  • Options
    not sure we need any of them any more