Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bono is very annoying - discuss

edited June 2011 in Not Sports Related
Quite like U2's music but Bono is a pain

Comments

• Options
    yes
  • Options
    Yes, but he winds up right-wing people, Daily Mail and Torygraph readers so I'm inclined to give him some slack.
  • Options
    And guardian readers
  • Options
    What do you find annoying about him?
    I'm more annoyed with my Sky HD box, the picture is about 2 seconds in front of the sound.

• Options
    What do you find annoying about him?
    I'm more annoyed with my Sky HD box, the picture is about 2 seconds in front of the sound.

I wish he wouldn't lecture the world about spending money on the third world and then run his companies in nations that levy low rates of tax.
  • Options
    1. Tax avoider. BIG time.
  • Options
    2. Two faced. Hails non-violent revolution on the one hand....check his fuddled ill conceived ideas about North Korea for the rest.
    Shut up play your guitar, make an effort to find what you were looking for and wind you neck in
  • Options
    Like most rich people they stay rich by not giving it away.
  • Options

Shut up play your guitar, make an effort to find what you were looking for and wind you neck in
    ...........and he can't even play the guitar, thats the Edge, such un overrated guitarist (but thats a different thread entirely).
  • Options
    Bit of a prick but they played "bad" so I'll forgive hm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the difference between God & Bono? God won't be wandering around Glastonbury festival thinking he's Bono.
  • Options
    With Chris Martin also at Glastonbury you have to wonder who the hell is looking after Africa.......!?
  • Options
    With Chris Martin also at Glastonbury you have to wonder who the hell is looking after Africa.......!?
    Annie Lennox
  • Options
    edited June 2011

...........and he can't even play the guitar, thats the Edge, such un overrated guitarist (but thats a different thread entirely).
    I remember seeing him play the thing back in the days of Live Aid and here he is still trying to find the notes he was looking for.
    But, yes The Hedge is a better guitar player, but still not a patch on Rory Gallagher. Or that fella from the Wombles, who incidentally did more for the environment that U2 have ever done

OIimage
  • Options
    Like most rich people they stay rich by not giving it away.
    Not true - Bono is quite generous on the giving front. 
  • Options

I did like I Will Follow, though:

You lot COULD be prejudice due to being youngsters. I am 49 and I bought Boy when it first come out in 1980. So - try this:

If you walk away, walk away, walk away, walk away;

I will............................

• Options
    Nah I'm a fan. Lots of happy memories associated with U2 songs.
  • Options
    But the thread isnt about U2
  • Options
    Proper annoying. 

I wish I could say more.
  • Options
    he's done well considering u2's last decent track was back in about 1988
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And "with or without you" is just the first 4 chords of "let it be",  repeated over & over & over & over.......................
  • Options
    I saw U2 at Wembly in '94, Zoo tv tour, they have  played to millions. They cant be that bad.
  • Options
    I saw U2 at Wembly in '94, Zoo tv tour, they have  played to millions. They cant be that bad.
    But the thread isnt about U2
  • Options
    Bono is god. Well he thinks so anyway.
  • Options
    he's done well considering u2's last decent track was back in about 1988

This.

Bloke is a pathetic parody of himself.

Utter shitehawks nowadays.
  • Options
    Whats the difference between God and Bono? God won't be walking round Glastonbury thinking he's Bono
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    he is the andrew ridgley of the band - i.e. they don't plug his guitar in, think he can sing a bit tho ;) unlike his wham counterpart, not really sure what he actuall did do, dance and look pretty perhaps?
  • Options
    U2, great British band.
  • Options
    U2, great British band.

2 British

2 Paddy's

British or Irish ?

• Options
    U2, great British band.

2 British

2 Paddy's

British or Irish ?

well you haven't listed any irish, so i'd go with british.