Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Downloading a TV series

edited June 2011 in Not Sports Related

Being a technophobe who has never even downloaded a single song or film etc, what is the best site to download a tv series?

MrsLung is missing Dexter Series 5 since our tv package changed,so what sites are recommended to download this series?

Is it a case of go onto the site, click download and it is sent to my PC, from where I can just copy onto a DVD ?

Will I get a knock on my door from the piracy police ?

Comments

• Options

Chances are the Piracy Police are already on their way 'round.

• Options
    A child possibly related to me but not necessarily has been told not to use this site http://watchseries.eu/serie/dexter 
  • Options

Not that easy in my experience MOL.

What I'd recommend is going to a site like uTorrent and download the software to your computer.  Once this is installed head over to isohunt or piratebay and search for the series/episodes/films you want.  When you click "download torrent", it should automatically open up in uTorrent and you'll see its progress of downloading and it will become available in the folder you've specified.

Depending on your internet connection and how many "seeds" the episode has (more the better) it shouldnt take too long.

• Options
    But Kap's link is very good...
  • Options
    Eztv. Google the site. Has absolutely everything on it. Watched Dexter Season 5 about 5 months ago thanks to this site.

You'll need a bit torrent client to download the files (utorrent is fine). Downloads work much quicker during the day when using torrent sites. Can usually get 400 kbs before 4pm.
  • Options
    isohunt
  • Options
    Clem's right. EZTV rules for telly - nothing even remotely close to it (apart from invite-only sites)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    forget torrents, best way is download with encryption, subscribe to usenet or vpn. ;)
  • Options
    I have heard vuze is a decent client, sometimes you just have to google for the programme name then torrent so I hear.

you then need to buy a tv that will work with a usb key and run vide files /mpeg/avi etc

and hey presto
  • Options
    or you could watch it via a PC, or PS3 connected to your tv
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Vuze is without a doubt the best way to download TV Shows/Music/Films/Games

• Options
    Torrents are shit. Google the name of the tv series followed by the word 'rapidshare' for best results. When u download it will most likely be in 'AVI/DIVX' format and no it's not as simple as whacking it on a DVD unfortunately. Most DVD players support the above format these days and it's a great format cos u can get so much on a disc and the quality stays great. (Around 12 42 minute progs for eg.) But it won't technically be in DVD format
  • Options
    This link and you might be needing this programme first. 
    Careful of clicking the 2nd link, it downloads automatically so if you don't want it don't click on it. 
    I use isohunt all the time, if it has a lot of seeders (that series 5 link does) then it shouldn't take too long. 
  • Options
    Torrents are shit. Google the name of the tv series followed by the word 'rapidshare' for best results. When u download it will most likely be in 'AVI/DIVX' format and no it's not as simple as whacking it on a DVD unfortunately. Most DVD players support the above format these days and it's a great format cos u can get so much on a disc and the quality stays great. (Around 12 42 minute progs for eg.) But it won't technically be in DVD format

Rapidshare is heavily policed and download speeds are throttled unless you pay. Fileserve is a better bet.

If used at the correct time of day and there are enough seeds and not too many leechers torrents are fine. Apparently it was possible to download a 1.4gb screener of the childrens film Rio in 23mins this afternoon.....apparently its a perfect copy as well.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    well if you want to watch it without downloading try Let Me Watch This.  i use it all the time for tv and movies, very good.

• Options
    Does any lifer over the age of 50 understand even the smallest part of this thread. ?
  • Options
    FAIL
  • Options
    And of course its a good idea to have peer blocker running whilst downloading. Bit of a chocolate tea-pot but prob the best protection out there.