Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Royal Ascot

Anybody going this week?

14 of us have tickets for 'Essex' Friday. Supposed to absolutely piss down though and im on crutches so just wondering whether its worth it....

Comments

• Essex Friday is that what its known as now?

We used to call it the Bermondsey Boys' day out.
  • My missus is going Essex Friday....gawd.
  • Going weds 49 of us gonna be proper messy

• 49 !

• Going wednesday , 25 odd of us and gonig saturday with wags . I've heard of so many essex oiks going on friday ...

Can't wait I love Ascot

• Working class people subsidising toffs days out...not my scene man... ;-)
  • my wife's going today - had a result with the weather - a coach load of tarted up suburban mums off for a boozy chavathon - normally makes for some interesting viewing when i pick her up later
  • What time and where mate
  • Not going this year, first I've missed in years. Going to the Rosebowl instead. Weather looks crap for both events sadly.
  • i'll let you know when she texts - hope you're into a bit of necrophillia.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going Saturday! Am making a fascinator right now. 
  • grandstand weds cant wait

all on the company going to be a right royal do

• just had prohibit come in and had it at 12/1 in a e/w patent.

other two are 16.25 - North Star Boy & 17.35 - Magic City......dont hold much hope though.
  • Glorious Goodwood is a far better day that Royal Ascot ;o)
  • Don't like Royal Ascot, having to wear a suit & tie or alternatively go in The Silver Ring, where the view is poor. The stand is also too low & gives a poor view. About the worst of the dozen or so racecorses I've been to.

I went to Sandown on Saturday - good Grandstand views especially in The premier enclosure.

• Any tips for tomoz where's pea nut when you bloody need him
  • I'll be at Worcester Racecourse tomorrow.

Proper race day out, lots of room, decent views, just a shame about the quality of races. Bit like Charlton really :-(

• I'm there Friday, 12 of us on a proper boozy day out, love Ascot....it's like the best Wedding you've ever been to !!