Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jenson Button

Brilliant win in Canada

Comments

• Options
    Know very little about motor racing but always dissapointed when Lewis Hamilton wins due to him being a tax exile. Was he racing? Is Button a tax exile? Maybe they all are? 
  • Options
    yes, yes and yes!
  • Options
    I would be with that sort of money as well, It was a brilliant win today.
  • Options
    Button was last in 21st place halfway through, he had 6 pit stops and was nearly taken out by Hamilton. Dont usually watch F1,only saw the last half, however Button drove really well.
  • Options
     Best F1 race in many a while. Brilliant drive by Jenson who is just brilliant in rain affected races.
  • Options
    I thought it was a crap race... when the saftey car werent out (not much of the time) people were just sliding about and losing front wings everywhere, only good part was the end
  • Options
    I'm a big f1 fan and this season every race has been entertaining, tyres and drs make it a bit artificial but it's alot better to watch. Button also had a whole lap to do with a burst tyre along with a drive through.
  • Options
    Button went from 21st to 1st.   Brilliant
  • Options

Jenson was unbelieveable, made the 2/3 hour delay worth it for me.

can't wait for my trip to silverstone now, backing button all the way, but you just know vettle will get it together again!

• Options
    Yes, brilliant race -worth the wait for the ending.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i nearly wet myself when the steward fell over on the race track and nearly got mowed down trying to pick up some debris after a collision near the end, thankgod for sky plus, must have re wound that 4 or 5 times was in stiches, even coulthard was trying not to crack up
  • Options
    i nearly wet myself when the steward fell over on the race track and nearly got mowed down trying to pick up some debris after a collision near the end, thankgod for sky plus, must have re wound that 4 or 5 times was in stiches, even coulthard was trying not to crack up
    lol, ditto.  What a twat, and by falling in his big arse he forced one of the drivers (I think it has Heidfeld) to drive through the rubble, the useless lardy steward was laying across the only piece of debris free road.

Laurel & Hardy could have made 20 minute sketch out of that.  
  • Options
    I think it was Trulli coming round at about 140mph and slammed on his brakes to narrowly avoid the steward.  What the frig was that man doing, Bernie must have been having a fit!

Stunning race, Button 21st with 15 laps to go and still win - insane!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I switched off during the massive delay and only found out the result later. Couldn't believe it, cos when I switched off Button was in dead last place.

Still think Hamilton's a better driver though, overall.
  • Options
    I switched off during the massive delay and only found out the result later. Couldn't believe it, cos when I switched off Button was in dead last place.

Still think Hamilton's a better driver though, overall.

Hamilton is erratic though. Button is a smooth generally accurate driver which is why he seems to excel in wet/drying conditions.
  • Options
    Hamilton's normally excellent in the wet. Didn't see the incident with him and Button yesterday. Who was to blame?
  • Options
    Hamilton's normally excellent in the wet. Didn't see the incident with him and Button yesterday. Who was to blame?

Button - although the conditions were such that it was impossible for him to see Hamilton coming up his inside.

Hamilton to me is a raw exceptional talent. Button is a thoroughbred. Hamilton is probably the greater instinctive driver but Button is classy.
  • Options
    Wouldn't really say it was Buttons fault, he had the racing line, Hamilton was just being his normal impatient self once again.
  • Options

Been lucky enough to go to many Grand Prix in the last 10 years and followed Jenson's career quite closely.  He's been a bit unlucky in the past with changing teams at the wrong time and anyone remember that he was basically 'dropped' by Williams in favour of Montoya.  Over the years though his driving style has matured and he's a but like Prost with an accurate, smooth non-dramatic style.  Obviously Hamilton is the raw deal, more exciting to watch - but needs to realise that, espceially, this season, the race isn't won or lost in the first 5 laps!  Button is a great thinker and has learned his craft.  Hamilton just goes for it!  Fantastic race to watch though and one of the most exciting I've seen.

Don't think it was Button's fault.  He was moving over to the left all the time as that is the racing line.  Hamilton was definately faster and tried a head-strong attempt to get by where there just wasn't the room.  Lucky he didn't take both of them out!

• Options
    I think the raw pace of the Red Bulls has got into Hamilton's head. Virtually race he is hitting somebody at the moment, going for gaps that just aren't there. As Button showed, Vettel is human, put him under enough pressure and he will make mistakes. In Hamilton's haste he is making too many mistakes of his own and then can't exert any sort of pressure when it matters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hamilton is quicker, But Button is more composed and smooth and in the right circumstances is capable of being very quick as he showed at the end of the race. I think Button has to get into the zone where as Hamilton is quick straight out of the box. The ideal would be a mixture of the two. Over a season though, Hamilton will outscore Button in teh same car - He is a real racer. I think McLaren is lucky to have 2 such accomplished drivers and it is a bonus that they are both British.

Everybody says how good Alonso is but Hamilton pushed him out of teh team in his rookie season. Vettel and Hamilton are the 2 best drivers but IMO Hamilton would be quicker in teh same car. 

Incident wasn't either driver's fault. Visibility would have been close to zero but you cant stop Hamilton racing.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    brilliant finish. great close up of hamilton's face when button took vettel. not sure how genuine that applause was, depsite the mclaren claim they kissed and made up.
  • Options

Deffo not Buttons fault - he took the racing line as was shown by the car in front of him.

Hamilton is a hot head which is why he is exciting to watch, but 4 contacts in 2 races is very poor.

• Options

One of the most memorable wins in recent times. Jenson takes a lot of stick but he is a good driver and nice bloke.

A bit like football, F1 Can become so boring and repeative when the tactics take the fun out of the action. Not yesterday.

• Options

Bacause he doesn't have the best car, Hamilton drives very aggresively to make up for it. If you put him in the red Bull he'd do as well as Vettel, if not better. There are races were it goes for him and races where it goes against but you can't change him - it is part of what makes him so quick.

• Options

• Options
    Very good Adam.  He looks like he rugby tackles it!!  how embarrassing.
  • Options

Went down like an old lady on ice not once but twice didn't he! I'm sure the perspective made it look closer than it was but I thought his days were numbered and I'm sure a change of XXL sized undies was called for when he got home!

Not a big fan of F1 but yesterday's race was brill.