Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon Tennis 2011 - Tickets Anyone?

Anyone had any joy getting any/ know where to get hold of any reasonably priced? i was hoping to go on Friday the 24th June with my young lad.

Comments

• Options
    Just turn up. If you get there early enough you will definitely get in. Not Centre or Court 1, but possibly Court2 or others. The earlier you get there the better chance you have. I'd say if you're there by 8am, you may get Court 2. It's a long wait/queue, but if the weathers fine, you just sit on the pavement in a queue.  
  • Options
    Just turn up. If you get there early enough you will definitely get in. Not Centre or Court 1, but possibly Court2 or others. The earlier you get there the better chance you have. I'd say if you're there by 8am, you may get Court 2. It's a long wait/queue, but if the weathers fine, you just sit on the pavement in a queue.  
    Cheers covered end , is centre court practically impossible / and not available on match day?
  • Options
    I think so. The only way I know, is late in the day if people leave before the end, they post their tickets in a box & they resell them for charity. I haven't been there for a few years, but used to do as I said & always got in, where you can "roam" all the outside courts Henman Hill etc. But I wouldn't get there later than 9ish, because it's really disappointing to queue up for hours and then not get in. Presumably,search their site for further info.
  • Options
    Thanks again CE , prices from ticket agencies are horrendous, i just wanted to take my 11 year old along as he's never been before, and plays Tennis nearly every week.
  • Options
    I went last year mate. Yeah just turn up on the day, although try and get there early. I think I got there for 7am and queued for about 3 hours for tickets for all the outside courts.
  • Options
    Did the Wimbledon Tour yesterday , an excellent look behind the scenes would fully recommend , any one else been or been on any good tours of other places?

Didn't realise Wimbledon only had 500 private members.