Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bad start at Lords

18-2 - Strauss and Trott out already!

Comments

• and KP...
  • and KP...
    he's awful at the moment
  • We'll still win - well I hope so just had £220 at 10/11
  • KP has been awful for some considerable time. There is simply no way he should ber playing for England.
  • KP has been awful for some considerable time. There is simply no way he should ber playing for England.

make you right chirpy, he needs to find his form somewhere else and not at the expense of the national side!
  • Dropping KP would be a help to everyone for England. At the moment he seems to be the only player that isn't actually adding a lot to the side. Ravi Bopara should be given another chance.

As for the game, I'm still pretty confident England can win this, as the bowling attack is, imo, the best in the world right now, even without Anderson.
  • Problem is since being told Morgan was the man Bopara's scores are:

1, 8 and 2

and he's now batted himself well out of nick

make you right chirpy, he needs to find his form somewhere else and not at the expense of the national side!

bit harsh considering he averaged 60 in six innings in his last test series only a few months ago.
  • too many south bloody africans !!
  • Sponsored links:

bit harsh considering he averaged 60 in six innings in his last test series only a few months ago.
    But a lot of that average was due to the double-hundred he got at Adelaide. He's too hit and miss for test cricket in my opinon, much better suited to 20/20 and ODI's.
  • edited June 2011

165-4  at tea                  

Strauss 2

Peterson 2

Trott 4

Bell 52

Cook 75no

Morgan 23no

• come on the ENGLISH !!!!
  • oh.. and the Oirish
  • oh.. and the Oirish
    come on the ENGLISH !!!!
    Lincs
    you seem to have problems with players in the England cricket team.
    You are aware that wehave been a multicultural nation since, well, how far shall we go back?
    You are genetically linked directly to a tribe living in what is now Ethiopia. Or shall we decide on the Angles, a German tribe? Or the Danish or Norman invaders? Its all nonsense.
    They have been chosen to play for England, why worry if you think they are South African or Irish?

Anyway good recovery from Cook who is looking majestic this year.
  • 205-5

Cook 96

Morgan 39 no

Prior 0 no

But a lot of that average was due to the double-hundred he got at Adelaide. He's too hit and miss for test cricket in my opinon, much better suited to 20/20 and ODI's.
    fair enough he's been a bit hit and miss recently. i don't agree he's been awful for a considerable amount of time and contributing nothing to the team.

the dismissal was poor in cardiff but that was some catch today.
  • 342-6 close of play

Prior 73 no

Broad 17 no

• oh.. and the Oirish
    come on the ENGLISH !!!!
    Lincs
    You are aware that wehave been a multicultural nation since, well, how far shall we go back?
    You are genetically linked directly to a tribe living in what is now Ethiopia. Or shall we decide on the Angles, a German tribe? Or the Danish or Norman invaders? Its all nonsense.
    They have been chosen to play for England, why worry if you think they are South African or Irish?

what are you going on about?

• Alaways difficult to explain genetics to a yellow belly ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• oh.. and the Oirish
    come on the ENGLISH !!!!
    Lincs

You and your thread about too many South Africans which you have continued on this thread - maybe more tongue in cheek on here.
  • I think I will keep my powder dry on KP bashing, though clearly he is in denial about his form but that is part of his persona.

I stood by Cook last year while 90% clamoured for him to be dropped and even though he's no Essex boy I'll stand by KP for the time being as well.
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent. KP on form is an extraordinary, inspiring batsman. Strong team can cope with individuals out of form and keep moving forward. It looks increasingly that we have the strong platform to allow KP (and others) to play through their personal troughs.
  • now that prior impresses me, keeping wicket well and chiping in with some fantastic innings down the order and done it again today... well played sir!
  • Prior is top of the all time batting averages for England wicket keepers. Averages 45. Even Alec Stewart only averaged 34. (According to TV Sky).

Very surprised. 

• Alaways difficult to explain genetics to a yellow belly ;-)
    This 'yellow belly' was born in Kent .. guess I am 'guest yellow belly'
  • oh.. and the Oirish
    come on the ENGLISH !!!!
    Lincs

You and your thread about too many South Africans which you have continued on this thread - maybe more tongue in cheek on here.
    Pretty tongue in cheek, though my initial point has been the victim of 'chinese comments and whispers'
  • Stat attack:  Cook just passed 50 again, last 5 test innings now 82,189,133,96,55*!  Failed to reach 50 in only 2 of his last 10 test innings, 1050 test runs in last 7 tests all in just over 6 months.  Incredible to think he was almost dropped prior to the Australia tour. Not bad for an English born batsman (eh Lincs?) albeit private school educated so presumably free from school field sell off and non competitive PC sport infiltration......  

• Stat attack:  Cook just passed 50 again, last 5 test innings now 82,189,133,96,55*!  Failed to reach 50 in only 2 of his last 10 test innings, 1050 test runs in last 7 tests all in just over 6 months.  Incredible to think he was almost dropped prior to the Australia tour. Not bad for an English born batsman (eh Lincs?) albeit private school educated so presumably free from school field sell off and non competitive PC sport infiltration......  

EXACTLY !!!!
  • Any cricket statto's... last time an England batsman was in such a purple patch as the Chef? Can't think of one myself in recent times anyway.

Great RR tonight as well over 3.5 an over, was over 4.5 before Trott's dismissal...