Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Midfield duo still to commit to Addicks

13»

Comments

• Options
    Racon at the end of last season was putting in some good performances on the left side of midfield.

Before that he hurt his knee so was benched but overall was one of our better players last season. I like him and think he offers something for this division, just on reduced terms.
  • Options
    Must admit- I liked Racon on the left - needs an attacking left back to compliment but think this is the way to go.
    His crossing is poor though and as Wagstaff doesn't tend to get too many crosses in the box either (despite offering alot of other good things - goals, defensive duties etc) having racon on the left again is likely to mean our strikers we still be starved of good service. John Still hit the nail on the head last season when he said we take to long to get the ball in the box. We need to improve this (hopefully with players like Dave Martin and Danny Green) if we want Hayes and Benson to flourish next season (they're not out and out goalscorers like BWP who can score goals out of nothing and will need good service).
  • Options
    That's why I said the right kind of attacking left back is required to compliment him - Racon shores up the middle but can in no way be described as an out and out winger.
  • Options

No ball control, are you kidding me?His control of the ball is the most elegant feature of his game, which I think is fantastic!

Sometimes I do beg to ask whether some people on here are watching the same team as me!?

yeah, but lets face it, you called Curbishley an idiot.
  • Options

I see the Racon fan club is back.

Still can't get what people see in him, ball control is terrible as well as his shooting and he's a black man with no pace which quite rare.

There are valid criticisms you could make about Racon (as there are with most of the squad) but to claim his ball control is terrible is just ridiculous.
    He is one of the few players in our squad who are genuinely comfortable on the ball.
  • Options
    i agree mid-life-crisis he can run with the ball well! and also the only one of note to try this luck from long range
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    There are some elements that he can improve on - his game to game influence definitely increased but he still had a few too many quiet games. I think a fit Youga would be a fantastic compliment to him so if he is going to play on the left, this position is very important. He has shown in the past that he has a good shot and needs to score more from distance (I'm sure he has this in his locker). Also, he has previously showed he can be a midfield player who can score goals in the box and he needs to have a bigger impact in that respect. All things I know he can bring to the party and what his game needs -Goals.

I think we could see an even better Racon next year if we manage to keep him and I honestly believe one year deals for both him and Jose would be in their footballing interests. They have established themselves at this club and may not be automatic first choice at another if they go up the league. When we get promoted and they are stars of the achievement, they will be able to negotiate better deals with us or others.
  • Options
    Along with BWP these are our most talented players so would definitely want to keep. Both are championship class (which is what we should be after) and like ambrose both would do well for another club at that level. Semedo's role change towards the end of the season (more box to box) was one of the very few plus points so far under CP
  • Options
    Yes, it did change but the defensive element of his game remained - Chrissy is the best man for Jose to play under at the moment. Just hope he can see that.