Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Midfielder Bradley Pritchard signs from Hayes & Yeading

Joins Charlton on a one year deal.

Comments

• Options
    with option of a further year
  • Options
    And now the question, who exactly is Bradley Pritchard?
  • Options
    And now the question, who exactly is Bradley Pritchard?

See the OS - Hayes & Yeading striker, 14 goals last year, looks like a bit of a cheap punt, but he has the summer to get fit (not that I'm suggesting he's unfit - but he's jumping a few divisions so probably needs some extra work in the gym). Whether it's a good signing I don't know, but I like the idea of signing him early rather than at the last minute.
  • Options
    From the OS

Meanwhile, Pritchard, who can play across the midfield, hit 14 goals
    for Hayes & Yeading United in the Blue Square Bet Premier last term,
    helping to seal survival for his club in the top tier of non-League
    football.

Zimbabwe-born Pritchard, who impressed Powell during a
    trial at the club towards the end of last season, joined United from
    Tamworth last summer and made 47 appearances for the club.

He had
    previously played for Nuneaton Borough before joining the Lambs in
    2008, and the 25-year-old has agreed a one-year deal, with the option of
    a further 12 months.

Powell said: "Bradley is a player we watched quite a bit in the
    second half of last season. He scored a number of goals from midfield
    which was always a good sign, and he came in and spent some time with us
    training with the squad and played in a reserve game.

"He's a good midfielder with a good use of the ball but what he is,
    and what I like about him, is he is very energetic and technically
    aware. Also he has that knack, which doesn't happen a lot with players,
    of arriving in the box unnoticed and that's why he got into double
    figures last year from midfield.

"People may say it was at Conference level but in my eyes that's the
    fifth league. So he's jumped up a couple of levels and we feel he has
    the right attitude to progress and to carry on learning his trade with
    us."

Bradley Pritchard

A graduate of Loughborough University, Pritchard won promotion to the
    Blue Square Premier with Tamworth in his first season at the club, and
    hit seven goals in 2009/10 before sealing a switch to Church Road.

He
    was named as the club's player of the season and his four goals in
    successive games against Wrexham, Mansfield, Darlington and Gateshead in
    April went a long way to helping Hayes & Yeading maintain their
    place in the league.

Added Pritchard: "I'm really excited. Charlton is a huge club, and one I never really thought I'd be a part of.

"It
    was a whirlwind in terms of how quick it moved. A month before the
    season finished at Hayes & Yeading season finished all I'd heard was
    interest from other non-league teams but my good performances continued
    and I carried on scoring goals and then I heard from Charlton.

"They
    asked me to come in and train, and I played one reserve game and spoke
    to the gaffer after and he said he would like to keep me on.

"I'm
    used to playing in front of 500 people at the most at Church Road and
    now I'm looking at playing in front of thousands of people with high
    expectations.

"To be associated with Charlton Athletic is incredible. It's a fantastic opportunity for me and one I want to take."

• Options
    "It's a fantastic opportunity for me and one I want to take."

Well go on and take it then Mr Pritchard, we've had too many passengers in the last few seasons... time for some hunger and desire. Probably thought he'd never play league football at that age, what can he do with his big break?

Good luck!
  • Options
    hmmm.  Never heard of him, never seen him play.  Will have to give him the benefit of the doubt but at 25 and never played in league footbal it is a big ask.  As long as this is a punt then I don't mind, if he is expected to be near the first team it is more of a worry potentially. 
  • Options
    what we need though. Young hungry players wanting to do well. Not old cast offs from Southend looking at us as a nice pay day.
  • Options

hmmm.  Never heard of him, never seen him play.  Will have to give him the benefit of the doubt but at 25 and never played in league footbal it is a big ask.  As long as this is a punt then I don't mind, if he is expected to be near the first team it is more of a worry potentially. 
    He's 19 I believe? Hollands is 25 lol
  • Options
    New Dean Sinclair anyone? Haha...i'm one for giving non-league players the opportunity because some do happen make it, like others have mentioned Mackail-Smith. We need more depth in midfield, and the two signings today give me courage that next season will be a good one. 
  • Options
    hes 25, I wouldnt say hes young.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Look at the CAFC website link Henry Irving has given...clearly states 25 :)
  • Options

Says he (BP) is 25 on the OS
  • Options

Says he (BP) is 25 on the OS
    My big mistake then, who is this young player we've been linked with who had been training with us and had a picture with Semedo on twitter?
  • Options
    Born in Zimbabwe, raised in Bromley. Educated at Bishop Challoner school like so many fine figures of society. Can't believe he's signed for us, would never have predicted that! Hope he does well.
  • Options
    ruben bover
  • Options
    that's Ruben Bover-Isquideiro
  • Options
    Ruben Bover...
  • Options

Went to Loughborough Uni...

How many university educated players have we had?

• Options
    echo
  • Options
    Born in Zimbabwe, raised in Bromley. Educated at Bishop Challoner school like so many fine figures of society. Can't believe he's signed for us, would never have predicted that! Hope he does well.
    Someone for Bromley Addicks to sponsor next season then.   Do you know him then Olly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry don't like him. Never seen him but he won't make it with us. Why are our scouts wasting time watching non-league players.

He clearly lacks ambition, he won't get first team football here, so must be coming for the money.

Shown no loyalty to Hayes, should have signed a new long term deal with them so we'd have to pay a big fee.

If Powell thinks signings like this will win us promotion he's got a lot to learn about being a manager.
  • Options
    Someone for Bromley Addicks to sponsor next season then.   Do you know him then Olly?
    Ah I think I've found the person that went to school with him then?!
  • Options
    Looking at it realistically Athletico we are in a bit of a numbers game here not all the signings are going to be tried and tested players that will have an immediate impact. As Large says we need players who are youngish and want success badly. According to his write up Pritchard impressed on trial and in training and looks worth a punt. If he comes good so much the better. Nothing ventured nothing gained! Only six more signings to go?
  • Options
    Only six more signings to go?
    think you can nearly double that.
  • Options

I kow nothing about him but I like his interview,

• Options
    Doubt SCP see's him as a player to aid promotion, more of a punt on someone who has a bit about him. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Sorry don't like him. Never seen him but he won't make it with us. Why are our scouts wasting time watching non-league players.

He clearly lacks ambition, he won't get first team football here, so must be coming for the money.

Shown no loyalty to Hayes, should have signed a new long term deal with them so we'd have to pay a big fee.

If Powell thinks signings like this will win us promotion he's got a lot to learn about being a manager.
    So true Scoham, so true  : - )
  • Options

Benson was older than this kid when he played League football for the first time, so need to think League 1 is beyond his talents.

Like the fact that Powell describes him a technically aware, we've had too many players recently who've lacked a 'footballing brain'. University education suggets he may have the intelligence to understand more than just run & kick.

• Options
    And being a University graduate would go some way to explaining why he's a late starter in League football.

Apart from whatever ability, vision and Bailey-esque prowess ghosting into the box to score .....it seems his attitude and hunger to succeed is something Powell wants around the squad.

Worth a punt? ........Nothing to lose here, everything to gain - for both the player and the club.
  • Options
    @ Scoham Very, very funny!