Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another '80s thread: the Atari 2600 games machine.

edited May 2011 in Not Sports Related
March Towers is up for sale so there's a big turn out of 'stuff' going on as we're looking for somewhere smaller. Rooting through the shed this morning I found buried away the kid's old Atari along with 'Space Invaders', 'Night Driver' and 'The Wizard of Wor'. Mrs. M wanrs to dispose of it but I think it's a milestone in technology: does anyone still play with their 'woody'? (The Atari burst into life as soon as I plugged it in after around 20 years of neglect)

Comments

• classic console many a day wasted playing space invaders and Astroids as a kid, when it came out was amazed at the graphics LOL after playing that ping pong game

was tempted to buy one a while back

• you can still get a few quid for them on ebay these days, depending on condition, box, games etc
  • Got one for my 6th birthday. Zenon was the best game and Centipede wasn't too bad either.
  • Qbert ftw
  • Phillips G7000.

Touch pad keyboard.
  • The Atari was the best in class of its day. Some of my mates had ZX Spectrums but they were nowhere near as good.

Lost track of where mine got to some years ago - could be interested in acquiring one !

• Binetone, if you were skint. : (

• PL54 sorry mate, the offspring have heard about this and under no circumstances am I to part with it! They're coming round to play it later.