Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Respect to where it's due!

Ok just back from the match-

Today was a match from which i expected no points and a big dent in our goal difference. Other than the wigan result (closing eyes and digging head in sand!) a good day!

Two observations from today allbeit with a very heavy alcohol content!

1/ The Referee's decisions, with the help of his officials were shocking

2/ total respect to the upper north for keeping the fans going, twelth man- you will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    defeat, but i enjoyed today.

This is why i don't think relegation will possibly be the worst thing that could happen to us. I feel like we are starting to get our club back, and a hopefully positive season of us winning more games than we lose, regardless of the opposition, would see the faithfull getting even more on side.
  • Options
    Totally agree AFKA-

Today we saw a team go for it, a team who played three strikers for the last 20 mins and it was good.

bottom line is that relegation puts us back by 3-5 years - Pardoo can sort things either way but rather we miss out the in between stuff.

Bring on the hammers- for me biggest game since the playoff final!
  • Options
    Whichever division we are in next year, I think it will be a great year. And the fans that stay will hopefully be the ones like yesterday in the 2nd half who acted as 12th man. Made a nice change in Block F of East Stand that my son and I weren't among the few singing - most of our block seemed to join in for a change.
    Can't wait for the W'ham game - always look forward to it anyway as it normally stands out - but this season with relegation fight and Pards v Curbs it takes on a different dimension.
    C'mon u Reds.
  • Options
    Alan Curbishley, Mervyn Day, Keith Peacock, Paul Konchesky, Shaun Newton, Lee Bowyer, Jonathan Spector, Carlton Cole - your boys are going to take one hell of a shoeing :-)