Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Event

edited May 2011 in Not Sports Related
Is anyone a fan on here? I am rather getting into it after a slow start in the first series

Comments

• Options

I watched from day one, and really love it. It always ends with something to make you want to watch the following week. Lots of twists and turns too.

I was also a fan of flash forward, a similar type of programme, but a stupid ending thanks to the production company. Let's hope the event doesn't have a similar end to the story line!

• Options

As above i have watched it from episode one. It had a little wobble but now its getting interesting. The acting from some of the actors is shocking though.

I also love to watch it due to the bad ass chick that is helping Sean. She is effing hot i tells ya

• Options
    aye, I'm just puzzling over the CIA Director chappy confronting the VP and getting the sack, rather than coming mob handed..
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Don't expect it to go beyond the first series. It's bombed specatcularly in the US, and is almost certain to be cancelled this month. Since the writers had a three series story arc planned out, I'd expect you to be sorely disappointed with the final episodes...

PS - Flashforward had the same problem. It wasn't the writers, or the production company, but the TV execs who decided to cancel it after the last episode of the series had already been produced.
  • Options
    i lost interest after the long break. les is watching it now on sky plus and i'm surfing the net. it's gone on too long and i don't believe half of what happens would actually happened. lots of staring pensive scenes where the woman who used to limp in ER just stares into space, as does the president and I just can't be bothered with it anymore. 
  • Options
    Nothing like Lost, eh Suz? :)
  • Options
    I did every episode of lost. 
    I just can't commit to something like that again!! esp as you say it finishes after this series. 
  • Options

Love lost! Miss it alot :(

Vicky from The Event .... OI OI darling

• Options
    Lost was the second best tv series I've ever seen. I plan on re-watching the whole lot starting in a few months. I'll never understand people who say things like 'I watched series 1-3, but didn't bother with 4&5 - then when I started watching season 6 I didn't understand what was going on'. No shit Sherlock - they moved the island, Locke died/no he didnt/yes he did, they were rescued/no they weren't, Hurley's mad again/no he's not, Ben doesn't know shit, Jacob's not in the cabin, they jumped through time 20 times, they blew the island up with a hydrogen bomb/no they didn't... Etc etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

me and MrsLung watch this - not seen this weeks though.

Kinda resigned to them cancelling so not gonna see a proper ending.

Glad that after the first few episodes they changed style from the mixing up various timelines/plots and settled on a more chronological timeline.

• Options

I was told the format of the programme was to be that you didn't see more than 30 seconds of a scene before switching to another so there would have been lots of jumping around. It would have been very hard to follow if it was true.

• Options

anyone know if we are half way in the current series? I think there 22 episodes, and although its been cancelled by the supporting US network apparently the producers are looking to take it elsewhere

• Options

I think the episode shown Monday night/Tue morning on Channel 4 was the last episode.

end of series cliffhanger type thing but no second series.

• Options

There was a new episode on in the states when I was there a week or two ago. Didn't want spoilers so turned it off and therefore don't know if it was the second half of the first season or season 2.

• Options

Series two has been cancelled. I think though that other proucers might be trying to pick it up. That was the season finale though yes

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Watched every episode , was really annoying how they mucked around with showing times , stop starts episodes etc , and that was before you got onto the actors or plot!

Shame it wasn't clearly not good enough to have been shown on Sky 1 , but just finished watching Lost from Series 1 to its end , different gravy , different budget probably as well so can't compare, but Lost is/was much better although a predictable ending.