Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Romm - Quicksilver Wizard or Useless Winker

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
I didn't go today but I imagine he was removed from the action at half-time because he gave another less than scintilating performance. What would you do if you were Pards?

1. Keep picking him because he frightens the hell out of the opposition?
2. Keep picking him because one day he'll actually put in a telling ball?
3. Keep picking him because one day he might actually score in a home league game?
4. Keep picking him for his determination and courage?
5. Keep picking him because you quite like the smell of pickled herring?
6.Tell him to take himself and his pathetic, cowardly, underperforming attitude and never ever darken our doors again?

I know what I think.

Comments

• Options
    He's one of those players - you sense he has the skill...you want him to skin his marker and then put over a great cross...but he flatters only to deceive far too often. His contract is up at the end of the year, we've seen enough over three seasons to know that while he has pace that he really can't cope with the pace of the game, I don't think it's worth renewing it.

What would I do if I was Pards...well who else do we have? Pick Lisbie and have him play right-wing? Or Sam? Switch Thomas to the right? No solution sounds perfect...
  • Options
    I believe that Rommedahl just can't play in the premier league, he can perform for Denmark but is not physically strong or brave enough for the British league.
  • Options
    Play Lisbie, says it all really, I think Lisbie would contribute more and get as much dogs abuse..
  • Options
    Oh Christ, not another Rommedahl debate! I am getting out of here before my blood pressure boils over!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Oh Christ, not another Rommedahl debate! I am getting out of here before my blood pressure boils over!!!!

Sorry, I've only recently joined the forum. The problem is I suppose, you could have this debate after every game because he's that sort of player.
  • Options
    He's Bob - locked on FACT, end of.
  • Options
    Sorry Bing, not having a pop at all mate. Just that out here in Oz our group of down under Addicks have this debate every week with a near 50/50 split on whether he's crap or a misused genius!!!
  • Options
    One of the most frustrating players I've seen down there: so much potential so little end product.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]One of the most frustrating players I've seen down there: so much potential so little end product.

He makes you want to get hold of him and shake him doesn't he?
    He's probably fall apart if you did!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]One of the most frustrating players I've seen down there: so much potential so little end product.

He makes you want to get hold of him and shake him doesn't he?
    He's probably fall apart if you did!

Lisbie makes me feel the same when he does all the hard work and fluffs the finish and Newton used to when he'd skin the full back and the cross went nowhere. Romm though is worse because he does it for Denmark damn it so why not us?!