Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton-Chelsea: the wrap

A defeat, which I suppose is what we were expecting, the good news is that it's only by one goal, and the other good news that we seemed to have taken the game to Chelsea, especially late on, suggesting that the team are still going for it, but two good opportunities to score and Cech is allowed to make two good saves - both from Faye. Would DB have scored one (or both)? That highlights our problem, from the radio commentary neither Marcus Bent, nor JFH had a chance, neither did Lisbie, we need Darren Bent back to convert some of these chances, in his absence the other forwards haven't been taking up the slack. We need DB back ASAP and in goal scoring form.

At least West Ham lost, and so did Watford but Wigan broke their eight game losing streak.

Comments

• Options
    i would have fancied bent for the first chance.we seriosly lacked creativity in the middle but did at least stifle chelsea.i thought we had about as many chances as chelsea.wigan's victory will be just a blip.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]wigan's victory will be just a blip.

After looking at their run in (after Arsenal) I don't agree. If we're catching anyone it's Sheffield United.
  • Options
    I said at ht and ft that it would have been a totally different game had DB been on the pitch!
  • Options
    Thought that Chelsea just about deserved the victory today - we definitely didn't deserve to win, and probably didn't start playing until too late to deserve a draw.

That said, I was very encouraged by the way we seemed to have a bit of belief - something that has been in pretty short supply when we've gone behind this season. Pardew has definitely made a massive difference - its obvious that the players have had a kick up the arse.

Thought that Thomas had a very good game today, and Thatcher was excellent too. Herman was pants though - he looks more and more like Chapple every game...
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    A very pleasing performance, BUT anyone still a bit cheesed off that none of the chances we had to clear the ball were taken and Faye managed to gift Lampard with the chance of shooting ?
  • Options
    Yes but he recovered from that and put in a very good display in the second half.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Made no difference to the result though did it ? I feel a point could have been on the cards today tbh. It would have been very interesting had we had Darren back but I still feel dissapointed that such a poor piece of defending gave the game away. I seem to remember a lot of teams have had a bit of luck with Chelsea and managed to sneak something away from the game.
  • Options
    Yes but my point is earlier in the season it would have gone from bad to worse.Liverpool and Wycombe spring to mind but today he showed some character and has played well in the last 2 games.That is the confidence and spirit Pardew has instilled.